I'm working on two games at the moment. One I'm doing completely on my own with my own (crap) graphics. The other I've conscripted a friend with some artistic talent. The first is a 2d space rpg with gameplay similar to old GTA games. Except in space. Overall the game alows the tradition "Elite" career paths, Merchant, bountyhunter or pirate, but the nature of the game encourages the Pirate path, which in other games is often neglected and the hardest and least rewarding way to play.
Its 2d, but I'm using opengl for the graphics, so the background stars have a 3d-ish feel (they're textured quads like everything else in the game)

The second one is still in its concept stages, although the display engine is already done. Its a fantasy rpg with a darker (almost ravenloft-esque) setting. You play the role of an Undead prince, one of the powerful rulers of the House, a refuge for undead that has long had a truce with the nearby human (living) settlements. Obviously this truce is going to be disturbed, mostly through the efforts of the main characters "brother". A friend of mine who is a starting out novelist is writing the story and doing most of the design. Another friend is doing the graphics, and I'm the programmer, as well as the designer of such elements as the combat system and game mechanics.