Off the record I'm not entirely sure that it's not the server itself. I have talked with Savage and Traveler about it and none of us can understand the problems. I've certainly never experienced anything like it and I run a MySQL server which gets absolutely thrashed for our browser game... touchwood, it's never experienced anything like this.

Is it SMF thats causing it... somehow I don't think so because it's not the data within the tables thats getting corrupted... its things like the index files which we have no direct control over.

So, to try and keep the site running with minimal intervention, I've resorted to these automatic repairs... it's not ideal and Traveler and I have discussed a couple of tweaks I'm going to make to them, but if it keeps the site running, it will have to do.

As for why we're feeling the effects more with SMF than we did with phpBB... I'm not sure, but I do think that SMF makes a lot more database updates in the course of normal operations (the majority of the time people are reading the site) than phpBB did.

Rest assured that we are trying our best to resolve the problems... but it's just not that easy, especially when you don't have full shell access to the server.