Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Competition Site - PGDAnnual.com

Re: New Competition Site - PGDAnnual.com

Browsers are as follows:
    FF 3, FF 2 on MAC, Linux and Windows 21" dia wide screen (1920x1200) and 15" CRT (1024x76
    IE 6, 7, 8 on Windows XP and Vista with 21" dia wide screen (1920x1200)
    Google Chrome on Windows Vista (guess what 21" dia)
    Safari on MAC OS 10.4 (hell if I know what screen size that box is about 15")

Are you using EM's for your text sizes or are you using %'s and px's? If the later it would explain the problem and the difference .

Just looked at the source code, your using px's to set your font size. Switching to EM's would be a better idea, but you will have to switch the ENTIRE design to utilize EM's (at least where graphics aren't concerned).

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, thanks Jeremy.

I'll look at doing that further down the line.  I've tried not to specify too many sizes, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Edit:- I'll edit that response.... I've changed the stylesheet to us EMs... even with EMs it looked bad in IE, so I've tweaked the sizes slightly so there is no noticeable difference in FireFox, but the IE version looks much nicer. Header and footer are now clearly legible.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Not that you want to hear this, but you have a PNG error in IE 6 and 7 with http://www.pgdannual.com/themes/defa...ges/header.png

Rendered at high res you get a line on the right side of that image that doesn't match up with the BG

More to come as I find it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    Not that you want to hear this, but you have a PNG error in IE 6 and 7 with http://www.pgdannual.com/themes/defa...ges/header.png

Rendered at high res you get a line on the right side of that image that doesn't match up with the BG

More to come as I find it
    Thanks hon, but I already know about that... IE's inability to render PNGs accurately has bitten me in the *BLEEP* before :-)  I'll probably add an alpha blend at that edge so the problem isn't so obvious.

Edit:- BTW, I've not updated the site yet, so none of the changes I've talked about will be present there. I'm planning on an update later tonight when I've finished off the 'My Machines' functionality.

If you do that, make sure you use proper IE6 support via scripting and conditional comments. Great article about it at http://www.kashit.org/design/png-tra...rnet-explorer/

Blog Entries

I've just uploaded the 'My Machines' functionality to the competition system site. Please can you give it a whirl and let me know if you experience any problems with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    I've just uploaded the 'My Machines' functionality to the competition system site. Please can you give it a whirl and let me know if you experience any problems with it.

Thanks
    Works great!!! Didn't find any problems with it.

Great work...

Blog Entries

I noticed you signed up again PJP Dev... I could do with knowing whether you've received any mail from me. If not, then I may need to look into the mail transport and whether it's being blocked somewhere along the line.

It's hard to pinpoint where the problem is with mailing. After not receiving the second activation e-mail, I think the problem might be with my mail server. I'll have to talk to my hosting providers about that.

As you've noticed, I got the activation link in my GMail Inbox. So I doubt that its your system.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234