Yeah, that is the general idea, i havnt really put the ideas in any major practical tests so i'm not shure how it will work out, but for instance the steering behaviors that is implemented in the entity source is a example of the plugin based functionality.

Even inheriting from TPHXSprite is not a "right" way to do it, a player is not a sprite, he is represented by a sprite thus the player should inherit from entity and have a sprite member.

Stil, its a quite advanced topic where you can spend ages reimplementing stuff, why do you think it takes time between the releases ;p
I'll have to take a look at phxEntity again but I do like the concept of using plugins. It's cool that you can make any entity playable by just adding a single controller plugin for instance.

I'll do a quick status update while i'm at it. I have made the final adjustments to the collision code. It seems quite stable now, theres two demos. A simple one showing collisisions between shapes without the CollisionBody or CollisionWorld. And a somewhat more advanced breakout example (I know per-poly collisions is way overkill for a breakout but you get alot of stuff for free).

I've added TPHXTags to the image editor and image class. They can be used in the same way as the tags in the MD3 format if you're familiar with it, ie mark interesting reagons in the image, for instance attatchment points for particle systems etc.
So the first demo is about collision between TPHXShape's?
And I'm looking foreward to the breakout demo. It may be overkill to use such an advanced collision system for such a simple game, but it makes easier to focus on the interesting parts.

Looking foreward to the next release

And for the record Turbo Delphi 2006 doesnt work flawless on Windows 7, do bad D2009 is so expensive ;p
Not surprised. I doesn't even work well with Vista