Thread: PostgreSQL Interface?

PostgreSQL Interface?

does anyone know where or have a PostgreSQL interface?

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: PostgreSQL Interface?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    does anyone know where or have a PostgreSQL interface?
    www.google.com and search for +"PostgreSQL" +"Delphi"
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

why do people insist on that google crap, do you think im stupid? do u think i don't try google? if i could find something on google i wouldnt bother asking on here..... nevermind forget i asked

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    why do people insist on that google crap, do you think im stupid? do u think i don't try google? if i could find something on google i wouldnt bother asking on here..... nevermind forget i asked
    The reason people do it is because if you run the search I suggested, the very first item points you to a newsgroup post which will take you straight to ZeosLib which, unless I'm much mistaken (and I could be), is capable of providing an interface to Postgre SQL for Delphi.

It took me less than 30 seconds and a single (I repeat... A SINGLE) search to find the answer, so clearly you didn't look very hard. Hence, some people (and I am one of those people) can get frustrated with simple questions that people can generally solve themsevles IF they bother to put the time in and run a few google queries!

Update:- In fact, it appears I've misled you... a better query is simply delphi postgresql. That points you to two component sets on the first page of results. Sorry about that. I'll try to better optimise my queries in future
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

i did not ask for a component or set of files, i asked for an interface to postgresql... ie....libpq.dll a single pas file. zeoslib whilst being a good set is not of use to me.

;MM;

Then you should have tried SourceForge and the PG website themselves. http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdo/

If all you want is a wrapper around the DLL then have it generated from the C headers (nice little utility for that included with FPC).

As AOD said, we get tired of doing peoples searches for them. If you don't state exactly what your looking for, what you found in your searches, and what was wrong with what you found, then how are we suppose to know your not an idiot. Many people are either idiots or lazy.

- Jeremy

Well, I just tried "Postgresql pascal header" and found this (first result):

http://www.freepascal.org/packages/postgres.html

Overview
    You can use Free Pascal to access a PostGreSQL database server from Linux. (for more info on PostGreSQL, see their home page.)

Interfacing is very easy, all you need to do is compile some units, and use these units in your program. You need to specify the place of the PostGreSQL client Library (libpq) when compiling, and that is it. the provided units take care of the rest.

The main unit is called postgres, normally this is the only unit you must include in your uses clause. (view interface)
    I believe this is what you're looking for.

why do people insist on that google crap
    Seems like you don't like google for some reason. Google finds the stuff you're looking for. The only thing you have to do, is try a few queries. It's way quicker than asking on a forum and you can do it all by yourself. Can you explain why you don't like it?

Anyway, I hope this is what you're looking for.

Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

hi thanks for reply people, anyways i started working on my own wrapper for delphi 2009 an hour ago, it only has 2 procs working, maybe once i'm finished i'll post it, i'm going to make it simple/fast and objective.