Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
Quick question: I am working alone, but I know of a place to get music (that is licensed properly, legal etc); but since I'm not working in a team (just myself), would I be allowed to use it or would I have to create my own?
I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question about music...

The rules for the competition are quite clear, YOU MUST NOT INFRINGE COPYRIGHT. That does not prevent you from using assets that are copyright someone else, on one condition... you must have permission to use them (i.e. the owner must provide you with permission to use them).

Some assets are public domain and will probably include a public domain licence. Some are free for non-commercial purposes etc. If you are in any doubt, drop the copyright owner a mail asking for clear written permission to use the asset and include a copy of their permission in your submission as a text document.

We appreciate that it's a big ask to generate all your own assets in such a short space of time, especially if you're working alone, so we don't prevent you form using other peoples assets... you just have to have permission.

For music, my first stop is normally somewhere like reasonstation.net. You'll find loads of mp3's etc. and based on my own personal experience, if you ask the artist for permission, they'll let you use their tunes (I know, because I've sought permission to use a few tunes from there and they all said yes).