Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
I'm missing a more specific definition of Bonus 3 Cabinet Ready. Are we just meant to let the players choose which keys to use or is there more to it?
The rules contain a more complete definition of the bonus points.

About rule 1.ii
Does that mean you're allowed to use gamepads or do the game has to support keyboards? I suspect that if you want to get Bonus 2 the keyboard would be crowded.

Note:- The control limits do NOT apply to arcade style buttons such as START, 1 PLAYER, 2 PLAYER etc. However, these 'extra' controls should not be operable during play, except to allow a second player to join the game for example.
Does that mean that the game isn't allowed to have a pause button?
You can use game pads, but you should aim to minimise the number of controls that are available to the player during gameplay. The most controls I've seen on an arcade cabinet is 6 plus a 4 way joystick. The idea is to get an arcade feel to the game. In terms of multiple players... you are absolutely right, the keyboard would get very crowded... but, that does not mean you should lose points if you only provide keyboard controls for additional players. If you can support multiple joypads it's a bonus and would make the game more enjoyable.

And the last question for now, are you allowed to submit more than one game?
No. You can only enter the competition with one team and it's one submission per team.