Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Blog Entries

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Last month of development folks! Keep working away!!!

How about a few snapshots of current states? Don't be shy we're all programmers here, show us what you've got, zits 'n all!

Nice video Michiel.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Last month of development folks! Keep working away!!!

How about a few snapshots of current states? Don't be shy we're all programmers here, show us what you've got, zits 'n all!

Nice video Michiel.
    Thanks for the nudge WILL! LOL

I really need to get back into my entry - it isn't even playable yet

cheers,
    Paul

Thanx Jason

I'm currenly working on the game logic. Loading a track, put AI pionts so the AI can just follow it all, add checkpoints etc.

Still a lot of work to do...
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

No progress here, i'm afraid.

I just started at university and I really have to adjust because my old school and life were very different in every way. My life has just turned upside down, so to speak. Therefore It's really hard to concentrate on anything besides studying, travelling and all those new people.

There is still alot of work to do. I have finished the DeleD plugins that help me making race-tracks, but the game-application itsself is not there yet. Actually I'm still working on engine-code which is really bad because the deadline is not very far away now. To be realistic, there is a big chance that I will not be able to finish my entry on time.

I will try though. If I don't finish it on time, I will finish it sooner or later.
    I'm actually a bit sad about this because I waited very long for the opportunity to join PGD annual.

I just really hope that the other entries make it to the end. Hopefully, I will be able to do the same.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I was forced to drop all 3D stuff from the project. That means to rewrite almost everything from scratch again. I hope we have a simple demo for the conquest.

The problem is that Allegro.pas doesn't support OpenGL so I tried to do it by software. Unfortunately it seems there are problems with some internal data tables from Allegro that are twisted by Free Pascal (or may be I forgot to call something on the initialization, but the Allegro developer team said everything is right) so the software 3D stuff doesn't work correctly. I should to add a lot of workarounds and lately it becomes an actual nightmare.
    No signature provided yet.

I had to drop the level editor for my project, now I'm going to use text files to represent levels. Hope I get it all finished before the closing date... Got a new distraction recently, and it's not a game or my job...

What's her name?

To be on topic: I made some progress yesterday evening. I started working on the AI. No rocket science, but it does the job.
    So far AI cars drive straight forward, when the hit anything and stand still for some very short piriode of time, they reverse, turn and go forward again.

Next step to do is create control points on the track that the AI needs to follow.

OMG!...I have a progress update for Day Of Destruction!

http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul

Thats a lot of particles looks nice.

Small update from my side: I have AI working. They drive around the track. I also build-in some randomness so not every car drives the exact same path.

I will provide a small movie soon!

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast