Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

If you've got questions/comments about the competition website, please post in this thread.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

Any reason why the:

Other Hardware
    DXDiag Report
    OpenGL Report

memo's have such small fonts. I'm visually impaired and I can hardly see what i typed.

Maybe you could make the memo's a bit bigger and use normal sized fonts instead?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Any reason why the:

Other Hardware
    DXDiag Report
    OpenGL Report

memo's have such small fonts. I'm visually impaired and I can hardly see what i typed.

Maybe you could make the memo's a bit bigger and use normal sized fonts instead?
    I spotted that problem last night when I was getting one of the judges setup. They were originally larger, but I've messed up the style sheet somewhere along the way. The simplest way to fill them in is to follow the instructions at the bottom of the page and use DxDiag and the OpenGL information gatherer thats listed... then it's just a copy and paste operation.

There will be a site update this week and I'll try and squeeze that in. For the time being, I wouldn't worry about it too much because it's only really the judges who need to provide their machine information.

Where can the design document be uploaded when it is finished?
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Well.. it's good you should ask that question, but thats the next thing on my to do list.

With work and life going on, I seriously underestimated how much time it would take to put the site together and get everything organised, so I ended up concentrating on features that were needed first.

My plan this week is to implement the upload and download facilities and the scoring forms (and obviously the underlying code) required to handle them. Rest assured that if you cannot upload your document because the site isn't fully functional, you will not be penalised. I will sort out an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Well.. it's good you should ask that question, but thats the next thing on my to do list.

With work and life going on, I seriously underestimated how much time it would take to put the site together and get everything organised, so I ended up concentrating on features that were needed first.

My plan this week is to implement the upload and download facilities and the scoring forms (and obviously the underlying code) required to handle them. Rest assured that if you cannot upload your document because the site isn't fully functional, you will not be penalised. I will sort out an alternative.
    Yay! now you can upload design documents...Good job Christina

I did notice one thing, it said that the file was successfully uploaded at the top of the screen which was fine, but is there any place to see what files (if any) that you have uploaded so you can keep track?

cheers,
    Paul

Won't accept mine xD tried winrar and 7zip; neither produced a zip your site liked. Tried with the filename containing underscores and without underscores. Filesize is 400kb; quite a bit less than the 24mb limit.

(Tried both lowercase and uppercase extension (zip) just to be sure too)

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    Won't accept mine xD tried winrar and 7zip; neither produced a zip your site liked. Tried with the filename containing underscores and without underscores. Filesize is 400kb; quite a bit less than the 24mb limit.

This is what it says on the competition site:

File uploads enabled
    Hi all,

The file upload facilities are now mostly complete. Each stage can be configured to request a design archive, install archive, source archive and screenshot. Each successive upload will overwrite the last one you uploaded for that stage. The exception to this is screenshots where the system will only retain the last one you uploaded (not one for each stage like the other types).

The file size limits are specified in the general terms and conditions. You can only upload ZIP, RAR and TAR.GZ archives (any problems with these not working, let me know ASAP) and JPEG, PNG and GIF images for the screenshots (maximum dimensions are in the general terms and conditions).

Please note:- The screenshot upload is not quite finished.
    Posted by AthenaOfDelphi (2009-07-09 09:51:01)
    Notice the highlighted file types allowed...

I hope this helps :-)
    cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Notice the highlighted file types allowed...

I hope this helps :-)
    cheers,
    Paul
    You silly

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa

And it looks to me that zip is allowed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi

Yay! now you can upload design documents...Good job Christina

I did notice one thing, it said that the file was successfully uploaded at the top of the screen which was fine, but is there any place to see what files (if any) that you have uploaded so you can keep track?

cheers,
    Paul
    Not yet, thats one of the things I want to get done this weekend. I'm hoping actually to have it finished tonight as a section on the competition page, with the facility to download it yourself.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast