Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    A have a little question:

I see a "Withdraw from competition" link on the competition page. Does it ask for confirmation? Would be a shame if someone accidently clicked it.

And no, I don't feel like trying myself.
    No, it didn't have a confirmation... it does now, but in reality, once you've submitted something you won't be able to withdraw.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries

IMPORTANT - Please read

To provide you with a better service I've setup a project on our issue tracker to record software and other issues (feature requests etc.). Full details of this are on the 'Bugs' page available to logged in users of the competition site.

Please continue to post requests for assistance with the site functions here, but please check the wiki first (although at the moment, the information there is fairly sparse). If it's an urgent matter, then please email me (including PGD2009 in the subject).

Thanks

Blog Entries

Just to let you all know so you're not waiting for scores...

The judges are all primed and ready to score your entries. Unfortunately the competition site isn't. In preparing to write the scoring system this weekend, I've found a few quirks in the existing database structure that I'm not happy with.

So, to ensure I don't make a mess of things, I'm taking my time getting the scoring system finished off. I could rush in, but we want to be able to use this system for other smaller competitions so everything needs to be just so.

Hi Athena, I'm curious, when it comes to voting for the entries on the site, how will that work?

Is it just judges voting, or can the general public vote too?
    cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

For this competition, it will, as usual for the PGD Annual, be judged by a select group of judges. Their names and details should be available on the competition website. This year, I've done something a little different. Normally the judges are just non-competing PGD members, but this time around, I've tried to get the sponsors a little more involved.

So, for (I believe) the first time in the history of the PGD Annual, the majority of the judges are representatives of some of our sponsors, and they are:-

Representing Outer Reaches Studios (this is the company a friend and I setup to run our games), we have Teri-ann (aka Spirit). She designs our games and makes all the decisions about game play etc. She's an avid gamer both on the PC and the Playstation consoles.

Representing Ixchel Studios, we have Yuriy (aka Lifepower).

And finally, representing Cengage, we have Vicky, one of the marketing managers at Cengage, who have supplied us with a range of books related to game development.

To make up numbers, and ensure we can't end up in a dealock situation, we also have Traveler and WILL judging.

Once I've finished the judging and scoring section of the competition site (as I've said elsewhere, time has been my enemy since starting my new job back in May), the judges will be getting to work.

Cool...one of my friends wanted to know if he could vote for my game when it came time for that.

I said I think it was judges only, but I would ask

Thanks for the info Christina
    Havea nice day
    cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

It's a interesting thought... public voting. The only problem with it is that it could be open to abuse if it was truly public, but then we could allow registered users to vote. We could also (in the next competition possibly) introduce the concept of The Competitors Choice award :-)

Some ideas for the future I think.

I was just browsing the competition site and I saw the note: Uploads - Install, Source, Screenshot. Is the source-upload optional or a must??
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Blog Entries

Hi NecroDOME,

The source is optional (as stated in the competition rules). At the moment, I can't remember whether the screen shot upload is working on the site yet. I know it's working on my development machine, but I can't remember whether I uploaded that version (sorry), so for the time being don't upload screenshots.

I've set aside this weekend to try and finish the site, because obviously we have the final deadline fast approaching

Stay tuned for more updates

thnx for your information. I was in a hurry when I read it. Good luck with the compo-site!!
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast