Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolfenstein 3D - Remake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wolfenstein 3D - Remake

Hello people, I just take some time, and made my first GLScene game, is a Remake of a oldware, Wolfenstein 3D

Tools Used:
    GLScene - Graphic.
    UnDelphiX - Sound/Music/Input.
    ChaosEdit/WDC/NewWolf: Nice tools to extract information and convert to modern media.
    UnDelphixEx: A small extension package, with my own version of TDXMusic (play midi using DirectMusic and mp3 using DirectShow), a TDXStateMachine component (to manage states of the game, very good...)

I'm actually on a Beta Final version, there is some bugs left, missing sounds and maybe some maps have something wrong (since I import then from original game, there is some nice tricks that they used).
    The engine have nice extra features, that you don't see on original game.

You can see the demo movie here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoYIFMyk3c
    and download here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/26132093...teinRemake.rar

I already update the HUD, and change the music system (instead the huge mp3, now uses the original imf songs, emulated - tks Mame, your opl3 emulator is awesome).
    Everything is more compact now, just the exe, a dll (my version of imfplayer.dll - tks WDC), and 4 datafiles.
    I use some of my components here, the "NativeStorage", a Delphi component that holds streams of data by name - with support to save/load the entire data to disk/another stream.

If people really like it, I can release the source code of the game, and/or packages, and/or de map editor for it...

I found a nice bug on E6M10 (Secret Level of 6 Episode). A missing Gold Key prevents you to finish the level.
    The original wolfenstein have hardcoded to some bosses spawn a gold key or make you win the level. My version requires that you put a "item" on same place of the boss/enemy. (so, any enemy can have it's drops customized... or trigger end of level...)

A LITTLE OFFTOPIC
    I just want to say thanks to "DieHard Wolfers", "AReyeP and MCS" and "Wolfenstein 3-D Dome", I know that these people now know my game, and I learn so much about wolfenstein in they site too. These people are the creators of some tools that I use on my game.
    Oh, my game isn't a mod, it's doesn't use any code from original wolf (but uses it's resources, and others resources found on lots of mods). I write this game entirely from scratch, using Delphi and Dev-Cpp.

My next project will be a remake entirely using 3D of some old atari games. Enduro? Megamania?

Re: Wolfenstein 3D - Remake

Nice job!

cheers,
    Paul

I LOVED Wolfenstein back in the days. Just downloaded it from RS. Now I'm uploading it to my server for those who don't want to wait . Faster download link http://www.eonclash.com/WolfensteinRemake.zip give it a few mins to populate the cloud and it will be available to all.

BTW: Noticed in your video that you removed the Hitler pics but said he is still in the game, did you move him? Also, just curious if you are using the original map files or did you create your own format for them?

- Jeremy

PS: Now you should use this "engine" to enter the PGD and give us an arcade 3D shooter from the 80's

I love Wolfenstein and your conversion looks great. I'm however not a big fan your statusbar in the bottom. IMO you've changed it to much.

But I'm gonna download it now anyways.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries

Very nice! Wolf3D was one of the games I played on my first system. I'm sure that many would love to be able to reuse your engine's source to make their own games. Maybe generate a page or site for the engine it's self...

Added to the You Tube PGD Channel's favorites.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well, finally got around to trying to run the app... Unfortunately it doesn't seem to run on Vista or Windows 7 even with compatibility turned on

No error information, just that damned window that says this program has stopped running.

GLScene have issues with vista and windows 7, at least, is what I read on every forum.
    The hitler textures on walls are replaced with a "black banner", but hitler is on the game, on Episode 3, Floor 9... The Boss... The hitler monks gets replaced with a new enemy, the "WarLord", is like the Hans Grosse boss, but have less life... so, I just minimize his appearance...
    The engine have more extra enemies, but they are unused for now...
    I'm working on a possibility to have "mid level" switch's, that enabled/disable something (a switch, that detonate a bomb on a pilar, opening the way, or "unlock" a door....)
    Also, I have some nice images, that can be used as "Quest", so, you can only leave the floor if you collect then first.

The last version is on http://rapidshare.com/files/25311048...teinRemake.zip , this version have better AI (queued pathfind), and some bugs fixed...

Nice job!

It will be a good chioce for game programmers if you open your engine!

I take a bit more time, and add support to Spear of Destiny, a new "Episode 7" no new game menu. Also, new enemies to use on spear...
    FlameLord -> A lord (GunLord, WarLord) that uses a flamethrower... is hot!
    ArmoredChaos and Chaos Knight -> He looks like the Death Knight, but when defeated, the armor drops, and a mutant appear from inside... (same way of hitler does...)
    I fixed some bugs, add new tiles and the Spear Item, that ends the level when picked...

In some days I will release it... I already release my pack of componentes on DelphiX/UnDelphiX forum for music/mp3/state control... stay tuned people!

Good News:
    * Full Spear of Destiny Added (As episode 7), slight modified. (new boss)
    * Modified AI to act more like the original one, still a bit agressive.
    * Some new graphics and sounds. (still missing some sounds, I believe...)

http://rapidshare.com/files/25628786...teinRemake.rar

I'm working now in a "true save" system, that save your real state, not the one when you start the level like now...

I also tried your game, doesn't work on Vista at all. Played around with it in XP and it's nice, good job!
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast