Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gamepark x2 wiz

gamepark x2 wiz

Looking at the specs for the xp2x wiz it look likes a very nice machine. It seems to have OpenGLes 1.x also. Now that is an oportunity to brush up my opengles pascal unit.
    But i am unsure what fpc i need for gp2x (wiz) development. Where do i download what.
    But first i need to buy the machine itself (but the dutch shop is a bit unclear if it is in stock or not) ...
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Re: gamepark x2 wiz

Not sure where you would get it from, but if I had the money, I would get one too to complement my gp2x F-100 MkII model

I would love to get my hands on the gp2x wiz with touch-screen and OpenGL hard-ware acceleration

cheers,
    Paul

I got an answer form the dutch webshop stating a few weeks until the next delivery.

Meanwhile could you give me some more info on what fpc i need and how i should set it up?

I brushed up my opengles unit (should be somewhere here) and got my first white triangle. (fpc op windows xp met opengleslite dll van imagination)

Colors do not work yet as i get confused by this:
    [code=cpp]glColorPointer(4,VERTTYPEENUM,sizeof(VERTTYPE) * 7, (GLvoid*) (sizeof(VERTTYPE) * 3) /*The color starts after the 3 position values (x,y,z)*/);[/code]
    How does that last (GLvoid*) need to be written in pascal? A pointer skipping the first 3 elements)
    [EDIT]
    Solved glcolorpointer call like this:
    [code=pascal]glColorPointer(4,GL_FIXED,sizeof(glfixed) * 7, pglfixed(sizeof(glfixed) * 3)); //The color starts after the 3 position values (x,y,z)[/code]
    [/EDIT]

(Confusing opengleslite fact is that it does not support floating point.)

You are not using Delphi form Borland, don´t you?. What extension support GP32 or GP technology?
    Live programming, eat programming, breath programming and die programming

I'm using for GP2X and GP2XWIZ the developer branch 2.3.1 or latest 2.5.1. Both are working very well. I had setup up a colinux environment and develop with delphi, cross compile it under colinux to gp2x and gp2xwiz.

I have no working cross compiler under window yet.

EvilDragon has in his shop some wiz available, http://www.gp2x.de/shop/gamepark-hol...eld-p-107.html, price 149,00 €.

Thomas

Blog Entries

Hmm how goes development on this system. Are you able to make a decent game with the development tools available?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I did a pre-order with the dutch webshop with the option to pay the postman when the package arrives (still waiting for it to be delivered).

Also to get started building software for the gamepark 2x wiz we need a freepascal cross compiler since we are either on x86 windows or on x86 linux. Could the nds/gba fpc work for the gamepark (i guess not).

So whe can write a small tutorial on what to download from where how to install it and how to compile a hello world with it. Many thanks in advance.

Paul did a brilliant work with fpc4gp2x. I guess it could be usable for wiz with minor adjustements
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

I remember Paul's GP2X port of FPC. Nice work and much appreciated effort indeed. But, I guess what I'm trying to ask is; are all the pieces there right now for a complete start-to-finish project or is there yet more pioneering to do for tools, libraries, etc...?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Hmm how goes development on this system. Are you able to make a decent game with the development tools available?
    There is no special development tools.

• I develop with SDL under Windows and Delphi, like mtcmatch, which i post some days before.
    • coLinux/andLinux ist a linux environment running under Windows, on my system it is a debian linux.
    • I'm install the default freepascal package for linux and get from svn latest code.
    • I have install a devkit for gp2x, like http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfile...,1,2,0,14,1609
    • I have made a cross compiler from svn source with "make crosszipinstall CPU_TARGET=arm CROSSOPT='-CfFPA -dGP2X -darm -dno_smpeg -dFPC_ARM -O- -gl' CROSSBINDIR=/usr/local/gp2xdev/bin BINUTILSPREFIX=gp2x-"

And thats all. The compiled version work with gp2x and gp2xwiz. I develop a unit for direct hardware access for gp2x, but i have not used them in a game.

Thomas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast