Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LinuxGD.net

LinuxGD.net

I've recently got my new site up and running, called LinuxGD.net. To put it straight, it's a community for Linux game developers. The site still needs a lot of work, but it's open for registrations.

Thanks to the power of Joomla the site has an awesome article system and forums have already been integrated. I'm planning on adding more community features like groups, etc., etc.

EDIT: Oh, and the logo needs a serious overhaul... 'twas a 5 minute quickie...

So head on over - http://linuxgd.net. And feel free to make any suggestions.

Later

Re: LinuxGD.net

I think the '5 minute' logo is fine

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    I think the '5 minute' logo is fine

cheers,
    Paul
    It might only need a little polishing. But there's something missing... A Penguin

Blog Entries

Yup a Penguin could add to the theme of the site.

More FPC/Lazarus/Mono-based development and 'distribution options' information for the Linux platforms would always be welcome, I'm sure. I know I'd find it rather useful once I get a release completed.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'm busy lining up a few articles to put up on the site, and added the penguin. But I'll have to wait a little while before updating... Seems like my server went down

EDIT: Server is back up again...

I actually want to do an article on distribution issues and how to solve them. If I get it done before the next release of Pascal Gamer you can use it if you're interested WILL.

Later

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PJP Dev
    I actually want to do an article on distribution issues and how to solve them. If I get it done before the next release of Pascal Gamer you can use it if you're interested WILL.

Later
    Sure, perhaps write a little extra bit extra just for the mag?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well I've got the penguin in the logo, and posted a 5 part article on Linux Game Development written by Troy Hepfner of My Game Company, creators of Dirk Dashing. It's quite an interesting read.

Will keep you guys posted.

Okay, LinuxGD.net now has PM support and a gallery has been implemented.

Blog Entries

Think I could get a tutorial on how to setup a linux game development station for Lazarus? I could add it detailed imagery to help magazine readers follow along with it?

Give me maybe a month or so and you can offer the article it's self on your site too if you don't want to just link to the magazine it's self.

I may even let you have a full or half page ad in the magazine too.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

That would be an interesting tutorial, especially for Linux newcomers . A half page ad will do the trick, but I'll have to spend some time on a few designs then... maybe a collage of Linux games or something like that.

Another article I'm planning is basically an intro to Linux game development using FPC and JEDI-SDL. Maybe it'll become a full blown series of articles. Currently I'm "spamming" game dev forums so that the site gets seen , well most of 'em have a place to do so anyway.

Later

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast