Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777
I tried your application. I get pretty much consistent framerates for all cases which is from 90 ~ 150 FPS...<clip>
Yeah, but does the shuttle move smoothly? In my computers when I get those framerates shuttle jumps ahed from time to time and moves jerky!!

And as I said at my earlier posts that DIB back buffer is not implemented yet! And if you read my later posts you notice that the problem is not backbuffer related at all because framerate goes very high when delphi is up and runing (go and try you self. Open delphi and run my GDI test application).

But very weird indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777
As for the game I get around consistent 1000 ~ 1100 FPS in windowed mode, for fullscreen I get 1800 ~ 2100 FPS though it sometimes jumps briefly to less (like 1400 FPS).

I am not sure why this is happening. It's quite bizzare. I think I've heard of something similar before but cannot remember. If I do remember I will post it. As for your timer, it seems kinda irratic. I'd suggest that you get the framerate once per second, instead of lower times you might be using.

As for my hardware, I have an AMD Athlon64 3000+ and an ATI Radeon X600 Pro (Catalyst 9.3) with 512 MiB RAM.
believe me, I have been testing all kind of the timers I ever have found from internet, but I will do more research for them.

I assume that the game (Meteors) moved smoothly on your PC? But I ponder you have so good omputer and still get only those framerates..