Thread: Opengl debugging

Opengl debugging

Hello,

I'am translating a program form C to pascal.

It works fine, but i have some trouble with opengl rendering, since the result is not exactly the same.

my pascal program

C program

I compared the 2 program with glintercept and there's no difference in the dumps.

maybe there's an option i missed, or is there a more powerful tool ?

Re: Opengl debugging

Oh my god.. use tinypic or imageshack for ad-less links

It's hard to know the problem from these 2 pictures alone. It could be something like dithering, window color resolution, nearest/bilinear filtering. At least i see neither of images use anti-aliasing so that is not the case.

Looks like you either use nearest filtering or no mip mapping in your delphi app
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by User137
    Oh my god.. use tinypic or imageshack for ad-less links
    Sorry, I never noticed ad since i'm using firefox and adblock plus. sorry for that

by the way, it's true i had problems with textures. C program uses glaux to load texture, I had to write another texture loader.

the fun fact is, I don't have any glaux.dll on my computer, and this C program is able to run without it I don't understand why ??

Take another comparing images from very close to see borders of triangles and textures in detail.

sorry for being so late, i had some problems with windows 7...

so here is another screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Lowercase
    Sorry, I never noticed ad since i'm using firefox and adblock plus. sorry for that

by the way, it's true i had problems with textures. C program uses glaux to load texture, I had to write another texture loader.

the fun fact is, I don't have any glaux.dll on my computer, and this C program is able to run without it I don't understand why ??
    GLAux is probably statically linked in the C program, so it won't need glaux.dll. Another thing I picked up on the OpenGL wiki is this:

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGL Wiki
    GLaux, do not use GLaux. It is 15 years old and considered deprecated
    So rather use something like SDL for image loading.