Thread: Upgrade to Lazarus 0.9.28/0.9.26 Issues

Blog Entries

Upgrade to Lazarus 0.9.28/0.9.26 Issues

Hey guys just wanted to point out a bit of an error that I noticed with the Lazarus 0.9.26 and 0.9.28 installers when installing/upgrading over an existing version.

.26 and .28 both use the newer FPC Compiler and because of this the file path to the executables are different. This causes a small(well depends on what you consider small I guess...) error when you try to compiler either a Lazarus Application or Program.

With .26 I found that I was unable to compile 'Applications' however trying to fix the error (having not yet discovered the true nature of the problem) I installed .28 on top of it. I then noticed that Nothing compiled at all at that point. It was then that I decided to look at the file paths for the compiler EXE and debugger, etc... I was lucky enough to notice that the file path indicated a different path.

IMPORTANT: If you run into this problem, you can solve it the same way I did. Uninstall Lazarus completely and reinstall the newer version from scratch. It might not be the smartest way to fix it, but it was the easiest.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: Upgrade to Lazarus 0.9.28/0.9.26 Issues

Hi WILL,
    I always uninstall Lazarus prior to installing a later version (call me paranoid ).

With that said, I DID have a path issue after installing 0.9.27 beta even after I uninstalled the 0.9.26 version...

I didn't have the same issue going to 0.9.28 and 0.9.28.2 though

cheers,
    Paul