Thread: free pascal basic setup

free pascal basic setup

hi there, just wondering peoples sugestions for a super lite/basic setup for free pascal.....

basically, an ide like notepad with syntax, no visual stuff.... also i'd like to have no pre-written units and so on.... btw whilst i'm at it does free pascal support record methods?

thanks,
    Download the Ziron Assembler
    Get free hosting for Ziron related fan-sites and Ziron projects, contact me in private message.

Re: free pascal basic setup

Depending on your platform I would suggest:
    Windows: Notepad++ / Komodo Edit
    Linux: Geany / Komodo Edit
    Mac OS: Smultron / Komodo Edit

You can use objects instead of records, objects are basically records with procedures/functions and objects are also created on the stack just like records (See: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Programming_Using_Objects)
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Re: free pascal basic setup

What a coincidence. Yesterday I planed to release my "project-template" (directories, scripts and other files); this way just copy the directory tree and content, change the content of two variables inside the makefile et voilá, it is able to auto-create dependencies and compile in Linux and Windows. I hope I can upload the package today. [edit] Done. [/edit]

Now, I do the hard work on Linux (Xubuntu) because I find it's more stable and if I corrupt the memory it recovers itself easer than Windows. To edit sources I use GVim in most cases. Some times I use Lazarus but only if I need GUI. To build the executables I use GNU's makefile. I use PasDoc when I need to create documentation.

Once it works in Linux I test it in Windows in my old IBM. Then I pack it using tar+gzip and/or 7-zip and upload it to my web-site (I have my own download manager ) or SourceForge using FileZilla.
    No signature provided yet.