Thread: opengl texture problem after upgrading to win7

opengl texture problem after upgrading to win7

I did a complete and succesful upgrade to win7 from vista. I checked, and I have changed absolutely nothing to my code. And all the programs are fine too. Things working fine in vista and xp.
    The problem I have, after lots of debugging, is that I have created an array of textures, but for some reason the texture numbers are displayed incorrectly. It is a very weird, hard bug and it sets me back a long time (wanting to beta test the program I've been working on.)
    I suspect some software driver bug, or a compatibility problem. As I'm 100% sure no code was changed and all things are working properly in vista, xp, I have to place the project on hold, maybe forever. Is there anything known about comp. problems in win7? I have the latest drivers. Again- I didn't change anthing before and after upgrading to I have no clue where to start.
    Marmin^.Style

Re: opengl texture problem after upgrading to win7

Hmm, could be driver issue. If you want to, I can double check to confirm the issue. I have two machines one running Vista the other Windows 7. (Two different video cards though)

I have Win7 RC and all my OpenGL stuff works 100%. Like Traveler said, it could be driver problems. Another method I suggest is to step through your code and see if everything still works as it should.

Hope it helps.

Call glGetError() every now and then and write any errors to a logfile. Maybe it leads you to a clue.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Hi, been off my project for a time due to this unsolvable bug. Amonth back my laptop broke, sent it back and did a new win7 update when it came back repaired. I compiled the project today, thought it was in vain (had given up already) and to my surprise all is fine.. it was indeed some driver/graph card issue.
    back to work!
    Marmin^.Style

Just to clarify, you said "the texture numbers are displayed incorrectly", you're using glGenTextures and not manually assigning texture idents?
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki
    http://www.phoenixlib.net/

Phoenix Forum
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewforum.php?f=71

I used GlGenTextures. I use an array of textures and somehow they were swapped, wrong size, I don't remember exactly.
    Marmin^.Style