Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animation motion capture (.bip) for 3dsmax in glscene

Animation motion capture (.bip) for 3dsmax in glscene

hi all ,
    I have buy a model for 3dsmax (.3ds) and a motion capture (.bip) for animation .
    How can i load them in glscene ?

I can load the model :
    Actor.loadfromfile('file.3ds');

But i can not load animation (.bip or .bvh) :
    Actor.animation.loadfromfile('animation.bip');

thank you

Re: Animation motion capture (.bip) for 3dsmax in glscene

You should have received a .MAX file together, which contains the model. I'd suggest exporting it to SMD, as it's a format supported both by 3DSMax and GLScene fairly well. There's an exporter for 3dsmax for free, but I'm not sure where you can find it, tho'.

If you don't have the .MAX file, try exporting the .BIP file to SMD using the same exporter I suggested above.

You can also try exporting the model to MD3 format. I've heard of an exporter for 3dsmax. And of course, the format's supported by GLScene really well.

What is the bip format? Is there some info on that format?
    For using bone animation with skinning you need info on what vertices a bone is connected to. That info is not availeable in the 3ds format as far as i know.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

then the code should be :
    Actor.loadfromfile('file.md3');
    Actor.animation.loadfromfile('animation.smd');
    ?

Nah.

Those format can't be used with each other - they are as different as chalk and cheese! I'll explain why.

MD3 originated in the Quake3 engine and is a format to store models of players and other non-static objects in the game. Animations are vertex-based and are stored within the very same file the model is.

SMD, on the contrary, is a model used by the Source engine (even nowadays). It's more common in it's compiled form - an MDL file. This format uses skeletal animation and every animation is stored in a separate file, outside the model file. Usually they're packed together in a .MDL file.

That is why you must decide what type of animation you want to use with your game. I'd suggest using the MD3 format, as it's easier for beginners.

-est ce que je creer l'animation dans 3dsmax et comment l'exporter ?.
    -Vraiment j'ai pas compris , ya pas un tutoriel qui montre ce problem .

English please?

Now I change the software I work with blender and I made a cube with a little animation position then I download a scrip MD3EXPORT.
    I export my cube md3.
    How to display animation on GLScene?
    you had not an example that shows her please.

I never worked with Blender, that's why I don't know if the export script works perfectly. :-/ But there's a demo on loading the MD3 files with animation inside this package: http://sourceforge.net/projects/glsc...3.zip/download

you are the best Brainer thank you for this exemple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast