Ok, I'm sure by now a good few people have heard that I've been making this 2D 360<sup>o</sup> game/game engine, well unfortuantely, I will not be having any screenshots or previews of it until I can get a basic model completed(Not sure when this will be, I'm a pretty busy guy these days). So, this unfortunately won't be happening until then, sorry. However the name of the game engine is called SkyBlast. The game has not been named yet. The whole thing being called "Project SkyBlast".

However, here is my current issue with it. I have a script engine(made from scratch) that handles all of the missions that are run in the game. Basically the missions are your "levels", much like in most space simulators. It interprets code that is first parsed and turned into a series of strings dubbed 'symbols'. A single array of 'symbols' is called an 'instruction':

Code:
type
  TInstruction = Array&#91;0 .. 1023&#93; of String;
Now obviously you have more than one instruction, right? So then I use another array to store these 'instructions' into the interpriter object it's self(run mainly durring initialization), 'triggers'(evaluates a specific condition and activates once met with a block of code), 'agents'(controls the actions of designated in-game objects) and 'objectives'(mission parameters and reactions on completing and/or failing them).

NOTE: Code blocks and triggers are stored as 1 'instruction'! This includes nested code blocks and triggers alike.

Now using a static array for this isn't all that bad, it's using it for my TInstruction object that hits me. I am limited to 1024 symbols per instruction. This is more than fine and dandy for a single instruction line, but what if I have a code block or series of nested triggers that go over 1024 symbols all together? It's a limitation I don't want.

:arrow: My problem is that when I make my TInstruction a dynamic array(I do use setlength properly and where required, of this I'm sure) I get all sorts of wierd errors in *other* data structures. And I cannot write data to my symbols.

:?: So, my question is: How do I fix this? Or, does anyone have any ideas as to the nature of this problem?