Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: quantum-engine.com

quantum-engine.com

Quantum Event‚Ñ¢ Games is pleased to announce the release of Quantum Engine v1.0.2.

Changelog:
    • Dedicated site at http://quantum-engine.com
    • Added Quantum Asteroids game example
    • Added code template (CTRL+J) support in the IDE (pascal only)
    • Added code completion (CTRL+SPACE) support in the IDE (library routines only)
    • Added param hint support in the IDE (library routines only)
    • The structure view will now allow you to navigate classes in .dpr project files.
    • Fixed 100% CPU usage when running EXE from IDE.
    • Disable/Enable certain menu options at appropriate times
    Jarrod Davis
    Technical Director @ Piradyne Games

Re: quantum-engine.com

We just got a new feature implemented that will allow you to create dynamic loadable modules (DLMs). You would simple change the filename of the {@EXENAME "filename.ext"} project directive to a .dlm extension and a DLM file will be created rather than an EXE.

Now in your main code you instantiate a TQEDLM object, call LoadFromFile to load the module into memory. You then can access the routines (CallRoutine) and classes (CreateObject, DestroyObject, CallMethod) declared in the interface section of the units in the DLM module. Cool stuff.

It is planned to have DLM support in the next build.
    Jarrod Davis

The commercial version of Quantum Engine is now available for purchase directly from our website. Purchasing a Registered Developer (RegDev) License entitles you to:
    • The latest version with watermarks removed
    • The right to create commercial products
    • Priority support via email and forums
    • Free upgrades to the next major version
    • Special discount on the next major version
    • Access to pre-released builds
    • Special offers and other incentives

After your purchase you then will be able to download the registered version as well as have access to the Priority Support Forum.
    Jarrod Davis

Hi Jarrod,
    I downloaded the latest quantum engine today and the demos were neat

I then tried compiling the demo utils dll as a test (QuantumEngine\1.0\examples\sources\DemoUtilsDLL\De moUtils.dpr), but it can't find the file:

QuantumEngine.pas...

where is this located?

I couldn't see it in any of the quantum engine folders I downloaded...do I have domestic blindness? LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for reporting this (issue #7).

Ahhh man... no your not blind... I forgot to include the bindings folder in the distro. Doh! Sorry about that. You download it here.

Note: QE can not compile DemoUtils (you need Delphi) at the moment. In a future build I will add support where it can consume .DFM files and later support that will allow you to visually create them as well. Cool stuff coming down the pipe. The next release will include support for DLMs. They are DLL like files where you can dynamically load executable code into your address space at run time and then have access not only to the routines, but the classes as well. Cool stuff man, cool stuff.
    Jarrod Davis

Small bit of game footage from Quantum Asteroids demo game (WIP):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z338SAO-YOI

I'm still learning how to record and process videos so they will get better. Not sure how to embed them on this site. I added a YouTube video MOD on my site which allows embedding:
    http://quantum-engine.com/index.php?page=quantum_engine

Jarrod Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Davis
    Hi Paul

Thanks for reporting this (issue #7).

Ahhh man... no your not blind... I forgot to include the bindings folder in the distro. Doh! Sorry about that. You download it here.

Note: QE can not compile DemoUtils (you need Delphi) at the moment. In a future build I will add support where it can consume .DFM files and later support that will allow you to visually create them as well. Cool stuff coming down the pipe. The next release will include support for DLMs. They are DLL like files where you can dynamically load executable code into your address space at run time and then have access not only to the routines, but the classes as well. Cool stuff man, cool stuff.
    Thanks Jarrod

Oh, I forgot - I tried compiling one of the demos (asteroids), and it also couldn't find QEApplication.pas either

Sorry, I tried posting the fact last night, but I was having internet issues

cheers,
    Paul

Hmmm.... that's odd. QEApplication.pas is a unit this is already "known" to the compiler so it should just be a matter of adding it the uses section. In fact all the units starting with QE (QEApplication, QEGraphics, etc) are automatically visible.

When you extract the distro are you using the same folder structure or do you copy the files to the same folder and overwrite the existing ones? If the later, try to extract to a fresh folder. Let me know.
    Jarrod Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Davis
    Hmmm.... that's odd. QEApplication.pas is a unit this is already "known" to the compiler so it should just be a matter of adding it the uses section. In fact all the units starting with QE (QEApplication, QEGraphics, etc) are automatically visible.

When you extract the distro are you using the same folder structure or do you copy the files to the same folder and overwrite the existing ones? If the later, try to extract to a fresh folder. Let me know.
    I extracted the files to a fresh folder...

cheers,
    Paul

Interesting. Try this:

1. Create a new empty program project
    2. It should create a .dpr file with a uses section and a begin/end block
    3. Compile this and let me know what happens.

Thanks
    Jarrod Davis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast