Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPAM in the forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Finally! Not a single moderated thread in the entire forums.

Took me a few hours, but I cleaned out the site of all old buried spam and unapproved legit posts. A big oops and sorry to all those we missed. We are trying to do better!!!

As of now the only place that may gather future (hidden!) spam is the New Members forum where new PGD members have to post to let us know that they are human.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Great! The only one thing which is left - avoid all these strange names below the forum in section "Currently Active Users". Why not to use "anti-spambot question(s)" on registration page? Or they are already used in pair with new "Welcome to PGD!" email?

If you haven't noticed already the number off theese strange names reduced quite a lot. Now you can actually see who is presen on the forum without browsing trough several pages on active users list.

Re: SPAM in the formum

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I have modified the settings for regular members to allow reporting of posts to moderators.
    Much better!

[edit] I can see the link in this post but not in others (i.e. this and this)
    Hmm...same here!

cheers,
    Paul

Apparently setting privileges for regular members wasn't enough. I have changed a setting for the most active boards, to include the option to report a post to a mod.

Great...thanks! Now it's working ok

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Apparently setting privileges for regular members wasn't enough. I have changed a setting for the most active boards, to include the option to report a post to a mod.
    Thank you.
    No signature provided yet.

Hi all,
    I'm a fair bit late to the discussion, but I've just received emails saying that there is a p0rn thread on here, but I'm not able to delete them or the posters as nothing comes up.

Does that mean Athena or Alexander have cleaned it up already?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Hi all,
    I'm a fair bit late to the discussion, but I've just received emails saying that there is a p0rn thread on here, but I'm not able to delete them or the posters as nothing comes up.

Does that mean Athena or Alexander have cleaned it up already?
    That's right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast