Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAM in the forum

Re: SPAM in the formum

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I have modified the settings for regular members to allow reporting of posts to moderators.
    Much better!

[edit] I can see the link in this post but not in others (i.e. this and this)
    Hmm...same here!

cheers,
    Paul

Apparently setting privileges for regular members wasn't enough. I have changed a setting for the most active boards, to include the option to report a post to a mod.

Great...thanks! Now it's working ok

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Apparently setting privileges for regular members wasn't enough. I have changed a setting for the most active boards, to include the option to report a post to a mod.
    Thank you.
    No signature provided yet.

Hi all,
    I'm a fair bit late to the discussion, but I've just received emails saying that there is a p0rn thread on here, but I'm not able to delete them or the posters as nothing comes up.

Does that mean Athena or Alexander have cleaned it up already?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Hi all,
    I'm a fair bit late to the discussion, but I've just received emails saying that there is a p0rn thread on here, but I'm not able to delete them or the posters as nothing comes up.

Does that mean Athena or Alexander have cleaned it up already?
    That's right.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I zapped the two I saw yesterday as soon as I saw the emails :-)
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

PS: Forum is out of date. Also, I'd suggest finding a 3rd party mod that adds some anti-bot measure to the registration form.

Report to moderator link shows in this thread but not in all threads, especially the current spam posts don't have the link.

Quote Originally Posted by User137
    Report to moderator link shows in this thread but not in all threads, especially the current spam posts don't have the link.
    Huh. Noticed that as well, although I did report a post a few days ago. Maybe permission was not granted for all forum categories, or in tinkering with settings it got reverted to how it used to be again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast