Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SPAM in the forum

Doh! I did an experiment and it didn't work. The thread is his one.
    No signature provided yet.

hmm...I'm not sure if it is spam or not after looking at the thread and the blog LOL

It might actually be useful, not sure...

As to reporting a post, there is an exclamation mark in a triangle on the bottom left of each post that you can click on to report a post (as spam I guess, or inappropriate, etc.)

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks Paul. I didn't see it.
    No signature provided yet.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I moderated the original software testing post in that thread, however, the exact same post has also been posted by another user in the same thread (again moderated), so I believe it's someone trying to improve their page ranking or something like that.

As such, I'm going to delete the page... it just smacks of a dodgy site that's up to no good.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries
    Sorry, my fault - it was relevant and written in english that made sense so I figured it wouldn't hurt although i had my doubts. Those ones are always hard to tell apart. Busy week for spammers over the last few days - just logged on for the first time in a while and there's a truckload to catch to with
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Everyone will be happy to note that I have effectively limited any possible spam in the forums to the New Members forum, which will be used to complete registration and unmoderate all new users.

From and admin point of view this will make the forums look much cleaner.

From a member point of view, it won't look any different, except that you might see a few more new members joining up to the site now that I've added much more useful information about the registration system and PGD it's self into the welcome email and registration email as well.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sounds great Jason...nice work!
    Hopefully we will be fending off genuine new users with a barge pole due to the large numbers wanting to register! haha
    First new users, next the world! Bwahahahahaha!

It would be great if you cleaned ZenGL topics, because I see a lot of spam which is deleted, but still present with mark "Deleted by Andru" But that is great, that spambots won't bother us any more.

Blog Entries
    Andru: I'll be looking into that progressively over the rest of the week depending on the size of the infestation and available time then if thats all OK with you...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast