Thread: Errors with FPC4NDS

Errors with FPC4NDS

So, I got a new PC and yesterday I downloaded and installed FPC2.4.0 and the latest Devkitpro, I had some old projects that I started some time ago for DS and I want to continue.
    After some compilation errors, I found that setup script only worked for an older devkitpro version, so I configured the paths manually. But it still does not work, not even with the demos in 'examples' folder

Code:
    C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\arm-eabi\lib\\libsysbase.a(abort.o): In function `abort':
    (.text+0x10): undefined reference to `write'
    DisplayList.pp(12,3) Error: Error while linking
    DisplayList.pp(12,3) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
    Fatal: Compilation aborted
    Do anyone knows if there is a way to make it work, or latest version of FPC is not compatible with devkitpro R30?
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine

As far as I remember, it was only compatible with a very specific version of the devkitpro
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

In a couple of days fpc 2.4.2 will be released. It is compatible with devkitARM r32.
    However, the error you get comes from the linking order of the libraries. In order to fix it, you should modify the nds9.pp and nds7.pp files in the libndsfpc package:

Code:
    {$linklib nds9}  
    {$linklib c} 
    {$linklib g} 
    {$linklib gcc}  
    {$linklib sysbase}
    It should be (for r30 compatibility):

Code:
    {$linklib nds9}  
    {$linklib c} 
    {$linklib gcc}  
    {$linklib g} 
    {$linklib sysbase}
    When fixed, you should rebuild the package or, if you want, you could simply use the nds9.pp and nds7.pp as units, without rebuilding the package.
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!