Hi - thanks for the reply - but I can't get it working...

On my windows xp machine, I've installed
Lazarus-0.9.29-23873-fpc-2.4.0-20100308-win32.exe
into C:\lazarus

I've also got
arm-nds-fpc-2.4.0.i386-win32.zip
installed to C:\fpc4nds.

Are these the correct packages?

(Oh - and devkitpro in C:\devkitPro)

Using this config - lazarus kept saying that it couldn't find ppcarm.exe, so I copied
arm-nds folder from C:\fpc4nds\bin & C:\fpc4nds\units and placed these in C:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0.

Your post seemed to suggest that this should be the directory structure.

When I try compiling this program

Code:
program helloworld;
{$mode objfpc}

uses nds9;

begin
 consoleDemoInit();

printf('Hello World !!!');
end.
I get an information box, saying "unable to find file "".
If it belongs to your projectm check search path in project-<compiler options..-> ......

The message window logs :-

Error: ppcarm.exe can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute ""ppcarm.exe" -B -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -Tnds -gl -vewnhi -l -n @c:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\bin\arm-nds\fpc.cfg "-FiC:\temp\New Folder\lib\arm-nds\" -FuC:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\units\arm-nds\libndsfpc\ -FuC:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\units\arm-nds\ "-FuC:\temp\New Folder\" -Fu. "-FUC:\temp\New Folder\lib\arm-nds\" -oproject1 project1.lpr

Does the path to "ppcarm.exe" need to be in the "path" variable - or should lazaus work out where it is from (C:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\bin\arm-nds)

Whats also strange - is if in the IDE, I click "find declartion" on consoleDemoInit -
project1.lpr(4,11) Error: source not found: unit C:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\units\arm-nds\libndsfpc\nds9.ppu

BUT in C:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\units\arm-nds\libndsfpc\ there is nds9.ppu and nds9.o

When I click project options "TEST" - the top box displays

c:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -Tnds -Parm -gl -va -l -n @c:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\bin\arm-nds\fpc.cfg "-FiC:\temp\New Folder\lib\arm-nds\" -FuC:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\units\arm-nds\libndsfpc\ -FuC:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\units\arm-nds\ -Fu. -FUlib\arm-nds\ C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\testcompileropt ions.pas

And the bottom windows says ERROR: compiled FPC unit not found:,:-
system.ppu
sysutils.ppu
classes.ppu
avl_tree.ppu
zstream.ppu

And I definately DO have the target os as nds, target cpu as arm.

Any other ideas please?

Help

I seem to think there was a wiki page for a lazarus console/gamers edition (can't find the link now) - which would have all this already configured. Any news on that?