Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [NEW] Pascal Gamer Magazine Website Redesign

Blog Entries

Re: [NEW] Pascal Gamer Magazine Website Redesign

I've just put a bunch more work into the website. Unfortunately it's nothing you'll really see on-site, but if you're a subscriber you might. Mostly it's just some admin stuff so that when there is a new publication released it's a bit easier for me to add the necessary announcements and send out emails to all the magazine's subscribers.

If you haven't subscribed yet and want to be informed via email as soon as the new issue is posted, be sure to stop by the Pascal Gamer Website and fill in your email on the main page. the new issue will be done really soon. (As in before next week.)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

What resolution or resolutions would you guys prefer to have your downloadable pdf copy of each issue? I'm considering having 2 different resolutions for you to choose from this way if you have a high-end connection and a great system you have the higher res, but if you don't have a really fast connection or a higher end system the lower res won't kill you trying to get it and/or read it.

What would be best out of these? 300, 200, 100 or 72dpi? Or is there another standard dpi resolution you guys think would be better?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    What resolution or resolutions would you guys prefer to have your downloadable pdf copy of each issue? I'm considering having 2 different resolutions for you to choose from this way if you have a high-end connection and a great system you have the higher res, but if you don't have a really fast connection or a higher end system the lower res won't kill you trying to get it and/or read it.

What would be best out of these? 300, 200, 100 or 72dpi? Or is there another standard dpi resolution you guys think would be better?
    I have no idea to be honest...

Here at home, I have a widescreen laptop (1366 x 768 resolution), but at work I have 1280 x 1024 normal 19" monitor...

My laptop isn't the fastest it seems when it comes to PDFs LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by WILL

In home I use very often an "old" display of 1024 pixels width. Don't know how many dpi.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries

Hey folks just wanted to point out that I've been working on the Pascal Gamer site a bit and I've done a few things to enhance it a bit.

1) Site Menu; as it's been pointed out to me having the menu on all pages would make navigation a bit easier so I changed the layout a bit and now you can access the menu from all pages. (No more going back to the index page just to go back to another section on the site.

2) Contributions page; I've added a page for information about making submissions to future articles in the mag. I'm not done yet as basic instructions will soon follow once I have a bit more time.

3) Game Reviews page; I'll be adding some game reviews from past issues that can be seen from the site directly. This will also act as a nice showcase for many polished releases all made in Pascal.

4) A bit of promotion; I've added some images of yours truly holding live print copies of your favorite magazine publication! I've also added an amazon.com banner, which really is a neat bonus to the site, because I can not just hope that visitors will buy books seen from my store, but show off actual Pascal related books and software available at amazon.com.

I hope that these tweaks to the site will improve it's usefulness and that you enjoy them. Feel free to have a look once again and leave me your impressions. Thanks!

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12