I just pasted in a embarcadero.public.delphi.non-technical post here about programming with the iPhone:

<Lance Rasmussen> wrote in message news:231666@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Sadly, looks like developing for the iPhone has just gotten tougher.
>
> http://daringfireball.net/2010/04/ip...flash_compiler
>
> Prior license agreement:
> 3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs.
>
> In the new version of the iPhone Developer Program License Agreement released by Apple today (and which developers must agree to before downloading the 4.0 SDK beta), section 3.3.1 now reads:
>
> 3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited).
>
> So cross platform tools like Monotouch, Mono, Silverlight and Apcellerator look to be out.
>
> Having played with XCode and Objective-C for a bit... I really liked working with C# and Monotouch for the iPhone. Now.. forget about about...
>
> Maybe we need an Embarcadero Objective C compiler or work up a Mac version of C++ Builder that can target Mac and iPhone?
>
> Only word I can think of... iFAIL.
What a bummer dudes!

cheers,
Paul