Thread: Next3D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Time to update on status again.

Just almost done (edit: Done and all Delphi compatible again) with a huge change within UI files. There is now nxUI.pas and nxGLUI.pas because i like to make universally working code. nxUI can be somewhat easily adapted to be drawn with any engine, even with standard Canvas. I just now need to finish drawing functions in the GL unit.

With 2D drawing in good shape already with easy to use functions, i feel like i need to start working on 3D. This means i'll try to create 2 applications: 3D modelling program and animator. Modelling program will use save format OBJ and import as many formats as i can. Both programs will use this GL based UI.

The 3D animator is new project what i have been experimented a bit years ago. But only recently i've been starting to have more vision of what i want of it.
    - Bones (joints) are created and attached in this editor.
    - 1 project open at the time. Saved in 1 file of custom format (maybe N3D).
    - Vertically scrollable small bar left side of screen containing all 3D models in project.
    - Vertex and bone animation in same file.
    - Each model has N amount of keyframes.
    - Multiple animations can be created and shown same time in purpose of making synchronized animation between many objects. (For example 2 humans handshaking would be rather frustrating task without sync)

And still, purpose of Next3D is to be useful to many, maybe fill the gaps. It can be used as standalone for games, but it can also be used alongside other engines. It is highly modular etc. For instance you may have a OpenGL based graphics engine of your own but you will still be able to use drawing, math, font functions and UI with it. The beauty is in that there are no components or anything needed to install at all. Just add units to the Lazarus\FPC\Delphi search path.
    Last edited by User137; 22-02-2011 at 10:52 PM.