Thread: Next3D

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Next3D

Edit: Name "Next3D" is trademark of LearningSoft company, this library has nothing to do with them.
    Project name changed to nxPascal. This lib is not commercial and never will be.

This is a set of pascal units to ease programming, especially game programming. I started the project perhaps 2007 after i realized where my GLEngine had gone to wrong direction. Everything is categorized and contain abstract classes and strictly separated OpenGL specific implementations of them. If you want to use specific feature of the library you can do just that and it should just click to everything... This was first done for Delphi, then fully converted to Lazarus (freepascal) and is now changed to compile with them both.

Full source (26.6.2010): (Files unavailable for now)
    Demos (26.6.2010):
    UI Editor (6.5.2010):
    For nxNetwork you also need Synapse lib from http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php

Units

nxGL - OpenGL graphics engine.
    Classes: TGLTextureSet, TGLModel, TGLFont, TNXGL (Engine itself), TVertexArray, TGLUI (User interface with panels, buttons etc. is work in progress)
    TNXGL has some functions to control OpenGL rendering. For DelphiX-like ease of use 2D there is DrawRotate() which can use any size patterned textures and draw it rotated around given point in image.
    nxNetwork - High level wrapper for Synapse network library. Simple classes for TCP and UDP server and client.
    nxMath - Math functions for basic and 2D.
    nxMath3D - Math functions for 3D. Vector, matrix, (quaternion).
    nxTypes - Basic datatypes used throughout most units.
    nxGraph - Contains basic 2D graphics and texture loading from files. Used heavily by nxGL. Contains abstracts of user interface and graphics engine.
    nxModel - 3D model formats (W3D, (MS3D not much tested), (OBJ some point)). Bones not yet supported. Some level of vertex animation is done.
    nxStrings - Few advanced string functions.
    nxDX - DirectX possibility. I don't know DirectX well enough to do this yet.
    nxPath - Path finding unit for grid based maps, not yet tested with Lazarus though it compiles from older code. Doesn't look for optimal path but tries to find 1 rough and quick.

Tools:

Edit3D - Delphi made 3D-modelling tool. Is able to import OBJ, MS3D and save W3D.
    UIEditor - Lazarus work in progress for User interface. When it's done you would be able to design the whole game interface, save it and use in game. Later may support simple events like opening panel with button but programmer has full control of them for now. Object-tree makes the layout very similar to drawing a form in Delphi/Lazarus, but this one allows full OpenGL's graphical advances.

I'll keep updating this post and only make new replies if something notable comes up.
    Last edited by User137; 12-05-2011 at 08:40 AM.