Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Release] Pascal Gamer Magazine Issue #2

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar

Re: [Release] Pascal Gamer Magazine Issue #2

That's a whole slice of awesome pie right there
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Blog Entries

Thanks again guys.

Hmm... I have FireFox 3.6.3 and it doesn't do that. Then again, I am in North America so that might have some affect. Why it would be chopping off the file part way is beyond me. I set the script to not time out as it generated the file. I am working on rendering a smaller file size (with reduced resolution of course) so that if these sorts of issues come up yo can at least get the thing.

What are your email addresses? I'll email you the issue directly.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Thanks again guys.

Hmm... I have FireFox 3.6.3 and it doesn't do that. Then again, I am in North America so that might have some affect. Why it would be chopping off the file part way is beyond me. I set the script to not time out as it generated the file. I am working on rendering a smaller file size (with reduced resolution of course) so that if these sorts of issues come up yo can at least get the thing.

What are your email addresses? I'll email you the issue directly.
    I might be having troubles as we went over our 50GB (yes, 50GB!) download limit so our internet got shaped down to around 64K (approximately dialup speeds)

Before this we were running ADSL2+ speeds...D'OH!

We are stuck like this till April-27th when it gets reset back to usual speeds.

Hey WILL, How can you email it to us? Email attachments only go up to around 10MB, don't they?

Here is my email anyway:

paulfnicholls AT gmail DOT com

cheers,
    Paul

@WILL: I've managed to download it now, so thanks!

Awesome issue BTW

cheers,
    Paul

Really great issue.
    I'm just curious how popular Pascal Gamer has already become? How many downloads are there already?
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries

I'm glad you got it Paul. Gotta love seeing your own mug on the pages huh?

Thanks guys! I'm really glad you all enjoy. Hopefully issue #3 will stand up to what I've done so far.

As for downloads so far Issue 1, after I announced the new site and started counting... 396 total (and 93 unique downloads)

Issue 2 since release yesterday, 292 total. (and 149 unique ip downloads)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

chesso@gmail.com, i also have firefx 3.6.3

So, I have something more to read. Downloading...
    No signature provided yet.

Finally got it, great read and eagerly awaiting more.

It almost got me psyched enough to open up Delphi again lol.

Blog Entries

Well I'm planning on doing an article on Asphyre Sphinx for next issue. I keep seeing all these great polished releases that use it so it has become a must to highlight it and soon.

*Psst... do it. Open Delphi. Or at least Lazarus.*
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I like that idea.

I would like to see some putting of heads together too for solving or avoiding various issues with Asphyre. Now it has been some time since I opened it all up so I cannot think of anything off hand, but from version to version, there has always been a hand full of issues that I could never find answers to that basically caused me to stop dead in development, and it's the exact reason I haven't touched anything for so long, it just made me really fed up lol.

What was I working on before...... (digs up projects folder hiding deep in hard drive.....).... Ahh that's right, I was designing the interface for something similar to rpg maker (by enterbrain), but had some really frustrating issues with getting 2 independant drawing surfaces (tile selection, and map draw/render).

I had given up previously on other projects to issues like this one very quickly, but I stuck this one through for nearly 2 months firing questions, wading through it all myself, trying everything I could think of but to no avail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12