View Poll Results: What would you prefer as a hardware prize in the next PGD Annual?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Graphics Card

2 22.22%
  • Sound Card

0 0%
  • Headphones or speakers

2 22.22%
  • Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick or other input devices

3 33.33%
  • Networking (Router, Network card)

0 0%
  • Printer or Scanner

0 0%
  • Storage Devices (USB stick or external hard drive)

2 22.22%

Thread: PGD Annual Hardware Prizes

Re: PGD Annual Hardware Prizes

I voted for graphics card since we can assume that every game-developer needs a good one.

Personally, I'd LOVE to win a new soundcard (We're talking Asus Xonar then, or similar LOL)

That said, I think hardware prizes are a bit more risky than for example, book prizes. Someone may allready have that uber-powerfull graphics card, while chances are slim that he owns "that paticular" book.

Network equipment is even more risky, because only people that have LAN's, CAN benefit here.

Hardware prizes I really like would be storage devices and joysticks/gamepads. These are handy and relatively inexpensive, so if the winner doesn't really need them, it's not a disaster.

And eeh.. That cyborg keyboard looks brutal.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I tend to agree with chronozphere. I already make sure I have everything I need in the hardware department. Books or software would be my first choice.

I agree with chronozphere too, and yeah that cyborg command unit looks freekin' awesome!

I probably COULD do with a new graphics card though, but unfortunately I have a notebook so that is out of the question I guess LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Hardware that goes inside of the computer is rather iffy. Only the owner of a computer really knows what it can handle, and it wouldn't be exciting to win a shiny new pci-e graphics card when your computer can only take AGP.

I guess if there should be hardware prices, hard drives or usb sticks would be the best option in my opinion. You can never have too much disk space.

But I would be fine with software prizes (such as Delphi 2011 *wink* or some interesting games) or books.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.