Hi Legolas,

Thank you for your (quick) reply.

I really did not wanted to bother you because I know you are busy trying to update to R30

Well I guess I cannot hide the fact anymore (wow that took me exactly 1 post) that I lived a luxurious live being an (sortof static) end-user in that matter. So I apologize beforehand being ignorant concerning the inner workings of fpc. Let alone in relation to your project.

I'm afraid that your setup <snip> complete rebuild should be the right way
I do understand what you are saying (thanx for clearing that up for me), I was unaware of that fact.

It raises a question (well actually a couple of twenty to be honest) of which I think I am unable to answer on my own (so if I may ask if anybody would be so kind to give some pointers into the right direction I would appreciate that very much, i'm just trying to make sense out of all of this):

If the linker-script in the DKA was/is updated and therefor would not be compatible anymore linking against an older setup, wouldn't that raise issues (linking errors) whilst trying to compile such a project ? Or is the linker not smart enough to detect those kinds of pitfalls ? In other words how am I suppose to catch such an incompatibility issue

I did take a look at the C-sources of DKA_28 (yes i'm aware you are working on R30 so perhaps this is not interresting anymore because of being outdated/updated already, if so please don't waste anymore time on this) which let me to believe that /libndsfpc/nds/nds.inc requires 3 input.inc files:
1)a generic input.inc for both arm7 and arm9 targets
at /libndsfpc/nds/input.inc (this file was missing so did it myself)
2)an arm7 specific one at: /libndsfpc/nds/arm7/input.inc
3)an arm9 specific one at: /libndsfpc/nds/arm7/input.inc

BTW: I see were I did go wrong now, I was assuming to favourable (for me that is) on your statement "The svn trunk is compatible with r28". You meant the whole trunk whilst I was assuming only your project *shame on me*.
(were o were did I put those binoculars)

Sorry for the lenghty post and good luck with your updates. *thumbs up*

greetz,

tobby