Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LD 17. Are you entering? Post your stuff here

Re: LD 17. Are you entering? Post your stuff here

hmm....just over 5 hours 16 minutes left, I just got up from sleeping and having to get ready for work.

I haven't even got anything running yet

Nope, I'm most definitely not finishing, but I really doubted I would anyway LOL!

Good luck with your entries

cheers,
    Paul

So how's everyone going, with 52 minutes, 30 seconds to go?

cheers,
    Paul

Well, that's all she wrote folks! The LD17 is over

LOL

What a lot of awesome entries!

cheers,
    Paul

Went completely of the track for me. The rts I planned to write became a design nightmare, so I scrapped it on the 42th hour and went for a crappy platformer instead

That resulted in ferry catcher...
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Goodness me, that was a close one!
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum...review&uid=383

... and that's what I love about Ludum Dare. The frantic last 2 hour scramble

(*Cough* PS: Don't actually play this build, ok? I just realized that my quickie scrolling job screwed over most things [because they're coordinate based]). I'll have it fixed within a day or two.

Here is mine:

I didn’t have much time to playtest, so balancing might be a bit off and if there are any bugs let me know. I ran out of time, that's why there is no instructions screen any more, but I guess it's pretty easy to guess the goal.
    Just Windows build at the moment, but I will make linux and Mac OS build after I got some rest.

@dazappa: Wow, your game looks really polished. Can't wait to play it.

P.S.: Wow, 200 entries.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney
    @dazappa: Wow, your game looks really polished. Can't wait to play it.
    Hehe.. just wait a day or two for me to patch up that horrendous show-stopper (and perhaps add in the ability to create more HQ's/bases/cities). I'll get around to playing yours (and some others) tomorrow for sure, or at least when the voting is made public.

Also, I hope you have a recent-ish computer (last 5 years or so should do), because the generated map will have about 300 sprites being drawn, each with pixel perfect collision detection... heh. I'll look more into speed improvements later.

Fun fact: This is my first actual complete Pascal game. My experiences doodling over the past few months really made me feel a bit more confident, and what I've learned made this 2 day crazy-fest possible.

Thanks to all of you in this community. I came here knowing a small chunk of Pascal (from using Lazarus to develop GUI applications), and I feel I've learned so much more now. It feels good to a) finally have a Pascal game done, and b) developing a specific way I will develop Pascal games.

Perhaps it might seem trite, but now that I know a lot more about Pascal (and Andorra as well), I know exactly how I will structure all future games, with OOP, timers, collision handling & drawing, and organization of files and the interconnectivity between them. This is something I learned with Java, but struggled through for quite a while.
    3. It's included in the main download.
    4. It's going to be _very_ hard to follow, mostly due to my unintuitive variable names. I'm pretty good at naming functions/procedures though.

Anywho. I'll probably get around to writing an article on Andorra, basic principles to Pascal game design, and my experience with this LD in the near future.

Nice. 3 Finished Pascal games. I'll check them out ASAP.

This really seems like a fun competition. If a new one is to be organized, somewhere during the summer, I'd love to give it a shot too.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Patched up my game so it's playable http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum...review&uid=383 Silly 10 minute scrolling job...

In the nearish future, I would like to
    - Add 1 AI player
    - Make villagers smarter
    - Make the stop button work
    - Graphically display villager movement
    - Add WASD support
    - Make scrolling less awkward
    - Make resources respawn

And then I might call it done. If I don't, I'll probably throw in multiplayer support, but I don't think I'm going to support more than 1 person or AI in single player or multiplayer mode.

Time for me to get judging on those other LD entries!

I fixed some critical bugs earlier today and am porting the game to Linux and Mac. Having a few issues with the Mac port, but I hope I can find a solution.

@Dazappa: I hope you will extend your prototype. I love the style and the idea.
    There is one odd and serious bug though: If want to place the farm on the map I get the error that the file has not been found and leaves me either the option to continue (without the farm being build) or kill the application.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast