Thread: UltraStar Deluxe 1.1 Beta release, a singing game

UltraStar Deluxe 1.1 Beta release, a singing game

Hi,

I proudly announce the release of the 1.1 Beta version of UltraStar Deluxe, a singing game.

It runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Download here: http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/usdx-downloads/usdx/

Have fun and check out the new party mode.

- Mischi, who does the Mac port -

Re: UltraStar Deluxe 1.1 Beta release, a singing game

Awesome. I will certainly take a look.
    This is a great game and I recommend it for every party. Overall, I would even dare to say it's better than Singstar.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries

Very cool game project. I'll be sure to add it to Pascal Gamer for review.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hey,

What tools did you use to create this game? The fact that you post it here, probably means that you use FPC + some libraries. I thought I'd just ask. Such info might also make the PGM review a bit more interesting.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Hey,

What tools did you use to create this game? The fact that you post it here, probably means that you use FPC + some libraries. I thought I'd just ask. Such info might also make the PGM review a bit more interesting.
    I asked myself the same question when I saw the original post... from reading their wiki, the game will build with Delphi and FPC (Lazarus).
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I really loved UltraStar - gonna take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Hey,

I asked myself the same question when I saw the original post... from reading their wiki, the game will build with Delphi and FPC (Lazarus).
    You were right. We use FreePascal/Delphi and these libraries: SDL, OpenGL, portaudio, ffmpeg, freetype, libpng, sqlite, pcre and lua. The design of the user interface was done without any specific tools. The Changelog contains the list of feature additions and bug fixes. Unfortunately, some of the late changes broke the PowerPC version for Mac OS X. So we nearly managed to get the code even endianness save :-)

My personal highlights are: New design of interface, party mode through lua plugins, unicode support of lyrics and filenames, support of mac and linux.

Mischi