Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StellarDefense‚Ñ¢

StellarDefense‚Ñ¢

TAMARAC, FL (MAY 01, 2010) - PyroGine™ Development ( http://pyrogine.com ) is pleased to announce a new game project called StellarDefense™ for Windows® PC. This game will be the first in the planned series of games to be developed that takes place in the StellarDefense universe. They will tell the story of the epic saga of the battle for EarthAlliance™, a federation of planets and species united for the common goal of peace, prosperity and well being for all it's citizens. The StellarDefenese series of games will be powered by the PyroGine™ Game Engine, PyroGine Development's internally developed game engine. StellarDefense is part of the Arcade Space Combat™ series of games being developed and published by PyroGine Development. Stay tuned for more information and media about StellarDefense as it becomes available.

About PyroGine‚Ñ¢ Development
    PyroGine™ Development was founded to develop and publish software solutions. We’re a small, focused entertainment company located in sunny South Florida. We develop, publish and support games and game development tools for the PC Windows® platform and dedicated to bringing family friendly, fun, easy-to-use, affordable software of the highest quality to our customers. We will use a distribution model that will focus on smaller, fun & addictive, downloadable software and will be sold directly to you over the Internet via our website and other electronic distribution means. Because of this method of delivering software our overhead will remain low and we can thus pass the savings onto our customers.

All copyrights, trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

Sean Murry has been contracted to do the music.

An image of one of the boss ships:

Jarrod Davis
    Technical Director @ Piradyne Games

Re: StellarDefense‚Ñ¢

I like the look of the ship!

cheers,
    Paul

@paul_nicholls
    Thanks.

Animated Boss:

Some Enemies:
    Jarrod Davis

Blog Entries

Wow. Looks great. Be sure to let us know when it's finished.

And... when you have some in-game screenshots and we can play the demo.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

@WILL
    Thanks. Cool, will do.
    Jarrod Davis

Quote Originally Posted by PyroGine Development
    @paul_nicholls
    Thanks.

Animated Boss:

Some Enemies:
    Sweet! So are you doing the art-work or is someone else? Very nice

cheers,
    Paul

@paul_nicholls

Haha, I wish. At best I can do programmer art, sigh. The artwork was done by the vary talented artist Jeremy Werkheiser. He collaborated with me on a previous project.
    Jarrod Davis

Development is coming along. A couple of screens shots of some stuff I worked on today.

This is a shot of the Main Menu. I'm using the TPGMenu in PGE to manage the menus:

Background nebula for a level I'm currently working on. TPGTexture.RenderTiled method is used to tile and scroll the texture across the view port area:

Jarrod Davis

Re: StellarDefense™

That looks pretty good already. Looking forward to see some ingame material

@Traveler

Thanks. Hopefully have some in the next few days.
    Jarrod Davis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast