Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: StellarDefenseび「

Re: StellarDefenseび「

the graphics looks really good, good luck!
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

@arthurprs

Thanks man. Wow, it's been a while since we've talked. How are things?
    Jarrod Davis
    Technical Director @ Piradyne Games

Quote Originally Posted by PyroGine Development
    @arthurprs

Thanks man. Wow, it's been a while since we've talked. How are things?
    not really good, the engineering course is almost killing me, if i escape alive at least i will have some things to tell
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Wow, sounds brutal. Hang in there man. Keep looking at that you want to accomplish from a result of completing this coarse, then keep pressing on.
    Jarrod Davis

Short video of SD showing the intro, main menu and the lighting nebula test I just got working today. I added support for a render state called rsColorLightMap. It takes source image and blends it with the destination image to change it's colors. In this case I'm using PG.RenderDevice.DrawRect to draw a white image on top of the nebula and setting it's RGB values from R:128,G:128,B:128 to R:255, R:255, R:255 to brighten the image buffer. As the rect is drawn successive times, the overal image becomes brighter and brighter. I then randomly modulate this to produce the desired lightning effects.

I discovered that if the RGB values are from 128 down to zero it will actually darken the image in the same way. So 128 is the neutral position and +-128 can lighten/darken the image buffer and/or texture in real-time. Using an actual color light map texture you now have the ability to simulate lighting in PGE.
    Jarrod Davis

Very nice chief!

I'm glad you got that bit working, yay!

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks. This new renderstate along with all fixes and enhancements will be in the next build.
    Jarrod Davis

Blog Entries

That's an impressive effect. Nice job. Like your nebula too. What did you do to make it semi-seamless?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

@WILL
    Thanks. I used Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. It has a seamless texture feature. I used the bi-directional / edge option. I then used the TPGTexture.RenderTiled method in PGE to tile the texture across the viewport. You can scroll the texture bi-directional.

I've been using PSP for so long now. I'm not an artist, can only dabble to get things done I need done so I need this kind of software to be easy to use and affordable. I think I got X2 for something like $55US (X3 is out now) vs what ever PS costs these days. I'm just saying... for me it has all the things I will ever need and I can actually afford it.
    Jarrod Davis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12