Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Project

Blog Entries

Re: Unnamed Project

Very cool Alex. Curious will there be much difference on a 64-bit or multi-core system for your game? (Not that I have a version of windows that'll take advantage of it yet I'm running XP SP1 in my VM currently due to a lack of newer discs) Or will there be a Mac OS X version of your game? Just curious. (and on the look for more great Mac games )

Another curiosity; Have you learned anything new while making this game so far? Is there more you could add to your old platform game tutorial as far as character control is concerned?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cool.. Glad this is still progressing.

If you need help with vectors, you've still got me and various other people to help you. I think I've got all vector math figured out by now (Especially the 2d part).
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Thanks guys

At the moment I have no plans to add differences between 32/64 bit and/or multi-/single core systems. Right now all I care about is to have a game that is playable on a machine running directx9. I'm using Jarrod's PyroGine, which is Windows only.

The tech behind this game is very much different than what I used in my tutorials. A huge change is that I'm not bound by tiles anymore. That also means collision detection is completely different. Character movement has changed slightly, with more ways to control it.

Great skills !!! keep it up !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

2 problems multibel jumps and you can't dhange direction while jumping

Gave it a try. Looking nice. I'd also like to see direction changes when jumping and whatnot, but I understand this is still fairly early days.
    *blink*

Thanks all,

I'm aware of the jump restrictions, but as you say Mikade, the game is still early in development. Currently, I'm working on a concept for the game, i.e. what is it about, main characters, goal, etc. Double jumps or the option to perform a mid-air direction change are design choices that need I'm not ready to make just yet.

Things have become somewhat silent so I thought I throw in a post about my still-to-be-named project. In between playing StarCraft 2 (an awesome game btw) and some WoW I've been able to get some work done, too. I spent some time creating an editor. Nothing fancy, but still good enough to set up the boundaries for the character to move against. The most time however was spent on character setup. I've abandoned the sci-fi looking space suite from a couple posts back and turned to something simpler instead.

Here's a screenshot from a setup in Lightwave, a 3d modeling and animation software I use to create the assets for the game. The screenshot shows a character with rigged legs so I can make him walk. To save time with rigging, I tried to model the pose for the upper body, but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, so I probably get a complete rig for him anyway.

Anyway, thats where I stand at the moment...

Blog Entries

Hey cool! Kinda reminds me of Commander Keen. What to call him... Captain Kosmo? General Jones? ...or Sergent Saulsberry.... hmm...

How many animations will the hero have or do you have planned I should say? At least Run, Idle and Shoot as with all shooters, I figure. Will you throw in crouching, prone(laying down) aiming up, etc?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Wow, that looks great. This is getting interesting.
    Existence is pain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast