Hi all,
you might have seen some posts of mine (mainly in the Pyrogine threads) about a boulder-dash like game I'm trying to make using Jarrod Davis' great "Pyrogine Engine" (http://www.pyrogine.com/).

Well, I have been re-working it, and adding new ideas to it

Here are the ideas so far:

Game Description
“The Probe” is a boulder-dash like game with two objectives.

Objective 1: First, like most bounder-dash like games, you have to collect the number of gems required each level while avoiding enemies, traps, and other nasties.

Objective 2: After collecting the required number of gems, the Teleporter Laser System, or TLS will power up. The TLS will fire a laser beam from its emitter in a straight line. You have to unblock its path, and deflect the beam using beam deflectors so it hits, and charges up the TLS receiver. When the TLS receiver has been charged up, the player is teleported out of the level, thus completing it.
How does this game-play sound, ok? I believe it is at least unique - hopefully it will be interesting and fun

There are going to be things in it like brick walls, energy walls, ice walls, and titanium walls (indestructible), moving enemies (similar to fire-flies and butterflies), gun-turrets, acid (dissolves rocks/gems/dirt).

cheers,
Paul