Thread: 4 Cores Applications

Blog Entries

4 Cores Applications

Hey guys I was just curious about something the other day. My brand new iMac has an i7 Quad Core processor in it which is a whopping 4 times 2.8 GHz of processing power. What applications, games or demos are out there that a system with 4 cores can have all of it's multiple cores taken advantage of?

Since dual and quad core processors are becoming more and more popular now, I figure that the support count of programs, games and apps has to be going up as of late. Shoot off some applications (for Windows and Mac) if you know them.

Also if you want to try to support Mac (Snow Leopard) or Windows with 64-bit processing and/or 4 cores let me know I'm willing to do some testing for ya!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: 4 Cores Applications

Well, if you happen to have Quadcore CPU with Windows, you can always play Aztlan Dreams, which uses multiple threads to analyze playing choices (only with Insane opponents, when multicore option is enabled). P.S. We are soon giving it for free as Aztlan Dreams v2.0 is to be released.

Blog Entries

Nice. Yeah I guess it all lays in threading of the applications however what is the difference between multiple cores and multiple processors? Or is this really handled at the OS level?

BTW: You should give me a new advertisement for the next Pascal Gamer issue for Aztlan Dreams 2. (8.5x11" 300dpi) Send it to contact@pascalgamer.com and I'll put it in the next and any other issues there after that it'll still be relevant to see.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Well, if you happen to have Quadcore CPU with Windows, you can always play Aztlan Dreams, which uses multiple threads to analyze playing choices (only with Insane opponents, when multicore option is enabled). P.S. We are soon giving it for free as Aztlan Dreams v2.0 is to be released.
    Considering Julian and I are STILL playing the version you gave us to review of v1, can't wait to see v2. Truely a fun game for all ages

- Jeremy