View Poll Results: If given 1 year to do something innovative, what area of gaming could you create something new and i

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't know...

6 23.08%
  • Graphics

7 26.92%
  • Physics

1 3.85%
  • Audio

0 0%
  • User Interface & Controls

6 23.08%
  • Artificial Intelligence

3 11.54%
  • Level Design

2 7.69%
  • Storytelling

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Innovation; What could you do?

Re: Innovation; What could you do?

strange i clicked on artifical intelligence, just as i clicked submit it selected graphics

anyways, since atm i am working on a UAV my focus this year and next probably will be purely AI, right now it's all about object avoidance, weight balancing (such as picking up an object on string, moving around and keeping the UAV straight without moving off course) and the most interesting i will be working on more recently is evasion on incoming collisions. so yeah i think AI is where i'd say there is alot to be done, too many robots (and game characters) that are stupid, which are unrealistic, alot of developers concentrate too much on graphics and so on and forget that the AI is an important part of the whole gameplay.

-Colin
    Download the Ziron Assembler
    Get free hosting for Ziron related fan-sites and Ziron projects, contact me in private message.

graphics seems to do all these years, when you look on gamers forums it's a bit sad.
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

User Interface and controls is the focus of the game player. It's proved by the raise of the Wii console, Project Natal and other that are getting popularity and attention by the great media.
    Playability is where we should focus. Because this we still play old emulated games. We will like a good playability with bad graphics, music and sound, but not the opposite.
    Developer of Mundo Project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12