Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castlevania Online

Blog Entries
    You guys do know how close I was to nuking this as spam after just looking at the title right?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    I'd be careful trying to port these to iOS. Fan-made games for the PC/Mac is one thing, but to bring it to a controlled market like iOS, that might bring up some IP issues. Though it may very well get approved the first time around. All it would take is for someone to complain that it viloates Konomi or Taito's IP copyrights and they will have to take it down. Apple doesn't have much say in that. iOS is a different environment than the PC. Android not so much, because they don't care-take their content at all. Which is really just an argument as to what your stance is on the topic.

That said, I am a fan of titles like Double Dragon and Mercs. Maybe if you got an artist to create a whole new set of sprite sheets using non-IP graphics, it would allow you to create such games on the iOS without running into copyright issues. It would also then allow you to make a little cash back from your game making efforts as well.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12