Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
i have got an access violation, screen:

My cpu is an Athlon II M300, with SSE4A instruction set
Thnx arthurprs ,the back-trace in the image helped me a lot to undersdand, where is the problem. There is just one place where i used sse4... and its in function "texturesampler_bilinear" in file "texture_calc_addr.inc".I readed, there is small incompatibility in sse4 instruction set between AMD and intel. I use intel quad-core. So for now the demo test will run just on intel processors, but i will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galfar
Test demo runs at ~24fps on my 2.5Ghz Core2 Duo.

What about using for SSE2 instead of SSE4, at least for the demo (so people with older and/or AMD cpus can test it too)?
Gaflar, when the renderer will be complete, there will by more better processors,with sse5 or the larabee procesors. Its a long path which takes long time. Backwards compatibility can slow down the rendering because when i use 5 old instructions and not 1 new for doing the same thing.. its more work for the cpu. You know it. But i drop to sse3 because of the incompatibility in sse4 (4.1,4.2,4a) instruction set between intel and AMD or i will use only such like instructions, that are in both processors.

Quote Originally Posted by czar
didn't work for me either.. Double click test, screen flickers for a second I can see a box and then it stops. I am using a quad core intel with windows XP at 1680x1050
Czar, there are 2 windows. one for graphical output and one (the console) for the text output. See in the console if there is an exception raised like by arthurprs. But the problem is you have intel-quad like i have, your card support 1680x1050, i have too XP.. If you can, upload pls the output of the console window like arthurprs.

Guys i learned little big more.. Thnx for the feedback..