Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
not sure why, but doen't work for me, i can see the console window printing the fps (25 in my notebook with a hd4200 gpu), but not the renderer window
Sometimes when the rendering window lose the window focus (you click on hide the window, or click to another direct3d application), the program can't restore the window. I don't handle this in my prog, but i will do . Using OpenGL or GDI this can't happen. I am planning to programm this 2 output's too. I firstly used the gdi output, but i was thinking it was slow, but it wasn't. It was almost so fast as DDraw. Just little bit slower in flipping of pages but GDI can't handle vertical sync. OpenGL can do both. No problem with restoring of HW surfaces as GDI and in OpenGL is a procedure for Vsync. And Opengl is good for crossplatform programming. I think using Ddraw is prehistoric. In modern day can raise some incompatiblity on modern cards. But i am not sure. I think ATI drivers can have with this a problem. I don't know. But i am working on it. As you can see. I have a plan for every problem. But i must know what is the problem. So .. thnx for the tip .