Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nextgen-software rendering

Re: Nextgen-software rendering

Hm, i've done already something in this form few years ago:

http://vserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/BeRoSoftRender.zip

This is my old software renderer with many antialiasing variants, SSAA, QUINCUNX and so on, with multicore CPU support, with Early-Z spanwise test, with "already ready and fully functional" Realtime Runtime JIT x86-32 Assembler (like SoftWire, and with my own CubeMan 4k Intro as example source included), and so on. It's dual-licensed (my own license and AGPLv3 as second fallback license). If you do want, you can use it as reference inspiration source.

Quote Originally Posted by BeRo
    Hm, i've done already something in this form few years ago:

http://vserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/BeRoSoftRender.zip

This is my old software renderer with many antialiasing variants, SSAA, QUINCUNX and so on, with multicore CPU support, with Early-Z spanwise test, with "already ready and fully functional" Realtime Runtime JIT x86-32 Assembler (like SoftWire, and with my own CubeMan 4k Intro as example source included), and so on. It's dual-licensed (my own license and AGPLv3 as second fallback license). If you do want, you can use it as reference inspiration source.

Bero wrote here? The famous Bero, demo creater and author of such things like DLLtools (from memory dll loader), BeroTracker, BeroXM, PAPPE .. Wait... need take a breath.... 30 min later... ok.. i take it.. Man your work inspired me sooner. I am planing to wrote physic engine (like your pappe) and sound library with ogg, mp3 and module formats (it,s3m,xm ..) using openal. Man you do a great work for the pascal community and the programmers which are programing in other languages can see, what can be programmed with pascal&assembler.

Bero i have some questions for you:
    1. Will be there any BeroTracker source release or just the playing routines source release?
    2. The phone version of BeroXM, is it better version of the old public source on your page 0ok.de?
    3. Will be there any new version of pappe, documentation, sdk?

Why this questions? There aren't many module playing libraries or 3d physic engines writen in pascal. Release of the source code or improvements can damn help to the community. We need to show to the c programmers that the pascal (delphi) has the same power to do the same things like c. I think pascal is much more for the human brain, because it can be easy readable & understandable. C is more symbol-like. But both have the same power.

And bero, my antivirus is going crazy from your bero-packer .... I need to protect all your downloaded programs&source code archives from antivirus quarantine

Ok bero, i will study your source. Don't worry, i am not such one of the programmers who copy&paster the code. Better study&understand the thechnique. This more the inteligent way. And thnx god.. no .. better .. thx to you bero and all other open-source programmers or testers, for sharing your idea's and source's
    It doesnt matter in which language are you programming. It matter what can you create in this language. I see the future of pascal in Free Pascal - the only free way for the future...

Bero... saw the source... the rasterizer is based on chris hecker release .. nice extended with scanline early z reject.. But the JIT-asm.. damn.. we can say ... this is SoftWire in delphi version. Bero, one word ... !!IMPRESSIVE!!..like all your work

I am planning in the renderer use similar shader programing style like in unreal shader editor because of the renederer's deffered architecture. Some shaders will be divided in to smaller shaders like light shader in the lighting stage, or texture shader in texture gathering stage, or opacity shader in early z- culling stage,
    transparency, refraction shader, in the post stage and fullscreen efect' in the image shader. Compiling the shaders to the x86 byte code i need to have just sse and mmx instructions and some i386. Or just using code macro's (code chunks), but there will raise register optimization problem. So the rough plan.

Bero if you have some little bit time, you can write some articles with pascal chunk codes or so. I wanna to write article too about the rasterizer, but my english is bad
    It doesnt matter in which language are you programming. It matter what can you create in this language. I see the future of pascal in Free Pascal - the only free way for the future...

Woah, BeRo, you never sleep?

Impressive renderer
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    Woah, BeRo, you never sleep?

Impressive renderer
    I think .. he can program and sleep in same time ..

Ok guys. i removed in the procedure "texturesampler_bilinear " sse4 instructions because they, as we know, caused small problems on AMD proccesors and replaced with faster lookup table which calculates the adresses in tile for bilinear sample fetching. Fps jumped from 26 to 32 fps.. with point sampling ist it about 36-37 fps.. so its nice speedup.
    I compared "tile bilinear sampler" against "linear (standart in memory image representation on PC) bilinear sampler" and the speed stayed almost the same... linear representation of the texture was a bit slower,because of not cache-friendly representation of the texture. Tiled texture is good for big textures, because if the texture is in high resolution , the speed don't drop so fast down as in linear (standart) representation of the texture. Of course the linear calculation of the sample adress from texture coordinates is much simpler, but the cache-polution is much bigger and is causing much bigger slowdowns.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phenomenon/

the new one works for. 28 FPS.

Note your file says 3-6-2010 - I believe you meant o 3-7-2010 as in July and not June. It threw me for a while until I noticed that you had put the file up 2 days ago and so figured you had made a mistake.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Quote Originally Posted by czar
    the new one works for. 28 FPS.

Note your file says 3-6-2010 - I believe you meant o 3-7-2010 as in July and not June. It threw me for a while until I noticed that you had put the file up 2 days ago and so figured you had made a mistake.
    Yes-yes. I corrected it. Thnx for the tip czar . It was deep in the night when i uploaded the file . Good to hear, that the demo works now .

not sure why, but doen't work for me, i can see the console window printing the fps (25 in my notebook with a hd4200 gpu), but not the renderer window
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    not sure why, but doen't work for me, i can see the console window printing the fps (25 in my notebook with a hd4200 gpu), but not the renderer window
    Sometimes when the rendering window lose the window focus (you click on hide the window, or click to another direct3d application), the program can't restore the window. I don't handle this in my prog, but i will do . Using OpenGL or GDI this can't happen. I am planning to programm this 2 output's too. I firstly used the gdi output, but i was thinking it was slow, but it wasn't. It was almost so fast as DDraw. Just little bit slower in flipping of pages but GDI can't handle vertical sync. OpenGL can do both. No problem with restoring of HW surfaces as GDI and in OpenGL is a procedure for Vsync. And Opengl is good for crossplatform programming. I think using Ddraw is prehistoric. In modern day can raise some incompatiblity on modern cards. But i am not sure. I think ATI drivers can have with this a problem. I don't know. But i am working on it. As you can see. I have a plan for every problem. But i must know what is the problem. So .. thnx for the tip .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast