Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nextgen-software rendering

Re: Nextgen-software rendering

I also tested on Windows XP (should have mentioned this). All the PCs I tested were running XP, except my home computer where I tested both XP and Win 7.

Note that under Win 7 I could see the window rendering in the preview on the taskbar, but the actual window does not show. Due to this I conclude it renders ok, and DirectDraw works, but for some strange reason it the actual window is not visible. Also, the fact that the same problem is exhibited on XP means it's probably not Win 7 related.
    Existence is pain

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've just tested the two programs included in the RAR on my Toshiba Laptop. It's a Satellite Pro L500 Pro with a 2.1GHz Intel Core2 Duo T6570. It has on board graphics and 3GB of RAM.

It was reporting somewhere in the region of 31FPS. The rendering windows weren't visible until I maximised them. If I tried to move them, the cursor shot off to the bottom right hand corner of my screen as though they were visible but had been positioned by the software to be off the desktop area.

When they were visible, they didn't look right for some reason. Certainly the colour version appeared to be having it's texture corrupted by misaligned RGB values (if that makes sense). The colour version of the program also appeared to terminate when I restored the window to it's original size using the Restore option from the Windows system menu.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I also just tested the two exe's on my Sony Vaio Laptop (2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 ). Vista Ultimate.

Upon execution the app ran at around 37FPS and the rendering window was minimized. When I clicked on the rendering window on the task bar windows immediately reported that the app has stopped working. However, when I right clicked on the rendering window on the taskbar and chose maximize it showed the window in full screen with the app running fine. The color does seem a bit off with mip-map-colored-sse2.exe...

Hope this helps
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    I've just tested the two programs included in the RAR on my Toshiba Laptop. It's a Satellite Pro L500 Pro with a 2.1GHz Intel Core2 Duo T6570. It has on board graphics and 3GB of RAM.

It was reporting somewhere in the region of 31FPS. The rendering windows weren't visible until I maximised them. If I tried to move them, the cursor shot off to the bottom right hand corner of my screen as though they were visible but had been positioned by the software to be off the desktop area.

When they were visible, they didn't look right for some reason. Certainly the colour version appeared to be having it's texture corrupted by misaligned RGB values (if that makes sense). The colour version of the program also appeared to terminate when I restored the window to it's original size using the Restore option from the Windows system menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    I also just tested the two exe's on my Sony Vaio Laptop (2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 ). Vista Ultimate.

Upon execution the app ran at around 37FPS and the rendering window was minimized. When I clicked on the rendering window on the task bar windows immediately reported that the app has stopped working. However, when I right clicked on the rendering window on the taskbar and chose maximize it showed the window in full screen with the app running fine. The color does seem a bit off with mip-map-colored-sse2.exe...

Hope this helps
    I reran your tests and encountered the same problems as Athena and Wizard. Your window positioning code is likely the culprit for this problem.
    Existence is pain

Guys big thnx for big help. The texture isn't gray but normal rgb texture. The "colored" means i xored every level of mip-map with a random color to see the different mip-map levels, because in non-colored (normal) mode you can't see where the mip-map level starts and where it ends.

Ok now to the window problem... hm..
    The program starts so:
    1. creating window class
    2. creating window 320x200 at 0,0 position
    3. if it is fullscreen application, it removes the window border, set the needed screen resolution and set the window size to screen resolution to the position 0,0 of the screen
    if the application is not in fullscreen mode then it setup the window border , set the required window resolution and centers the window to the screen.
    4. send the window handle to the gesource initialization routines
    5. setup the mouse procedures for the window events (i don't use any "setmousepos" procedure so why the mouse shooted up to off-screen is a question )
    6. setup the keyboard procedures for the window events
    7. loads texture and create mip-maps
    8. start rendering.. thats all

If someone have a little bit time, pls check the units GS_utils & fenomenon_appwindow if there somewhere a bug because i can't find nothing bad.

I try the gdi output and i remove the console window and we will see.

As i mentioned ... thnx for your help and support guys...
    It doesnt matter in which language are you programming. It matter what can you create in this language. I see the future of pascal in Free Pascal - the only free way for the future...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by herrcoolness
    5. setup the mouse procedures for the window events (i don't use any "setmousepos" procedure so why the mouse shooted up to off-screen is a question )
    The mouse cursor doesn't shoot off screen through anything your application does. It stays where it was when the application starts.

It shoots off screen when I right click the button in the task bar and select Move. Normally when you select move, windows stuffs the cursor into the center of the window title bar. So, when I select move for your application, the cursor is shifted to the center of the title bar which is off screen. Of course Windows won't allow the cursor to move beyond the desktop boundary, so in my case I end up with the cursor stuffed in the bottom right hand corner of my screen.

Thanks for clarifying the colouring :-)

Wait for a second. You said that you saw the result of the render window after when you maximized it? ... pls write .. what is your os...

It doesnt matter in which language are you programming. It matter what can you create in this language. I see the future of pascal in Free Pascal - the only free way for the future...

Blog Entries

I'm running Windows XP Pro (Service pack 3).

I'm running Windows XP Pro (Service pack 3).
    Same system like me. OK maximize-minimize thing was nothing. searching for another solution.
    i checked the procedure "fe_refresh_window" ... i added "SetForegroundWindow(fe_app_window)". now i upload it to the sourceforge as "window patch" and if you can , or someone other, check it pls ok?

I tested your Window Patch but it behaves in the same way as mentioned before.
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast