Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
This is great news, just got an EVO for my wife and already have my Epic ordered. Started looking into development with FPC/Lazarus on the Android but couldn't find much information.

Any chance you would put up a basic project with some info on how to build/debug/run apps for Android?
See http://vserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/FP...NativeTest.zip with a older buggy JNI.pas.

Also, did you do the UI in Java because of limits in FPC or was it just the way things were?
Not of limits in FPC, instead of the limits of the Android UI design concept philosophy (=UI layout XML files, which will mapped/rtranslated to auto generated Java Sources in the build process, whose will abuse as "UI resource ID files") / Dalvik VM (Androids Java VM), which is really designed most only for use/access it on Java level. Of course, you could define fake-Java-classes and fake-Java-Methods over JNI in pascal code and access to the Android UI system, but that would be very very very grubby/non-optimal way. So please make UI-stuff in Android always in Java for the less stress and cleaner code, except for OpenGL ES Androidgames, of course

Will have to see if I can steal the wifes phone later and give this a test run
Okay, i'm curious about your results.