Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cubageddon

cubageddon

Simple (one week coding) game for IGDC contest "Cubassacre"

You must find exit deep under the city to escape the meteor shower.
    Controls: WASD + Mouse (F1 to start meteor shower), Alt + Enter to fullsreen

Need OpenGL 2.0 support!

Re: cubageddon

Looks nice, especially the cube effects

Well done

cheers,
    Paul

Besides, obviously, some flavour of Pascal/Delphi, what other tools did you use to create the game?

cheers,
    Paul

Well, 1st run was quite fun. Didn't manage to find the "safe spot" at all though before I started getting pummeled by the shower. Can the spot be hidden by buildings, as I thought I had covered all of the walkable ground before I died?

- Jeremy

Blog Entries

That's so cool! You'll have to read the next Pascal Gamer magazine now.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

paul_nicholls,
    Delphi 2009 & 3ds max 2009 for placing level geometry bbox'es and export them with simple script (MaxScript)

jdarling
    You can find mine to "safe spot" under the tree beside two floors house )

Quote Originally Posted by XProger
    paul_nicholls,
    Delphi 2009 & 3ds max 2009 for placing level geometry bbox'es and export them with simple script (MaxScript)

jdarling
    You can find mine to "safe spot" under the tree beside two floors house )
    Cool, thanks for sharing

cheers,
    Paul

Ok, that makes it more fun once you find the mine... Of course, that also throws a whole NEW twist into the game. Congrats, lots of fun to play.

Some thoughts; something else would be fun. Maybe some sort of life packs, shields, or something to keep you occupied. Maybe another Cubie (person) to try and save... Not sure... But overall, I'm enjoying dieing as I find lower and lower levels of the mine.

Is there actually a way to "beat" this game LOL

- Jeremy

Awesome game.

Wow, I got a fright when the meteors started. Finished it on second play-through. You have to tunnel / mine your way to the green square you can see beneath you sometimes. That's the win. I never found any "safe spot" tho.
    *blink*

*double posts.

Fourth play-through. If you want an quick and dirty way to win and see the meteors do their thing, just hide in the corners. The meteors fall along the sides much less. I've managed to sit there and watch the destruction of the whole city down to as far as it goes without taking damage. Looks really pretty.
    *blink*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast