Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Native PNG Loader with no 3rd party requirements

Re: Native PNG Loader with no 3rd party requirements

Does it support the alpha channel also? Great for making imposters (e.g. flat trees, grass).
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Re: Native PNG Loader with no 3rd party requirements

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    Does it support the alpha channel also? Great for making imposters (e.g. flat trees, grass).
    Full alpha loading and editing. Actually the "data" pointer is a pointer to an array of ARGB (or TColor as defined in the unit), so before you "bind" or use the loaded image you can do whatever you want.

Hi Jeremy,
    I know this is over a year old now, but I was wondering if your PNG loader requires a .dll (or .so) at all? Doesn't paszlib use a dll?

I am after a unit that can load a PNG image that doesn't require any dlls, etc. so I can use it under Windows/Linux, and possible Mac OSX down the track

If paszlib needs a dll then I might try converting Christian-W. Budde's PNG loader that works with Graphics32 so it just works with a 32-Bit pixel buffer of some kind and has no graphics32 dependencies at all either...

cheers,
    Paul

I haven't seen this thread before, I might have use for this too!

Also if anyone needs to embed cross-platform jpeg-support there is the excellent NanoJpeg implementation, and my Pascal port of it.
    ZGameEditor - Develop 64kb games for Windows.
    Thrust for Vectrex - ROM-file and 6809 source code.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123