Thread: TileStudio for Lazarus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Questions about GUI

So here I am. I've decided to focus in a new TileStudio. I've started from zero because I'll do somethings different so I'll call it "TileStudio plus".

But I was working on the "tileset editor" part and I've realized that I would change the GUI. Instead of use a single form for everithing I might use a multi-window way, similar than Lazarus and Delphi. The idea is a "project window" (a project will group tilesets, maps and other stuff as DTS files in a single unit), a "tileset editor" window, a "tilemap editor" window and a "DTS description editor" (actually a simple text editor). This way you can see more than one tilemap at a glance, compare tilesets, etc.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 21-10-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Not a bad idea. I'd just make sure that you don't have a huge window clutter. Maybe allow for some tool bar management options too? Allow users to save their tool bar layout perhaps?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Not sure if I've understood you.

For window management I'll add a "window list" menu option as in Delphi/Lazarus. May be also a button or option to "order" them.

About save tool bar layout, actually the Lazarus' toolbar component is very "static", but I was planned to investigate a way to modify it.

I'll post news here when I have something to show.
    No signature provided yet.